Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1106)

B.I 16th August 2005 07:48 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM

1 Attachment(s)
i hope this will be allowed, as its is a very special occasion.

i believe today is jim mcdougall's birthday, and i wanted to wish him a wonderful day. without disclosing his age :) i think its a nice 'round' number, hence an even more special occasion.

jim, your friendship over the years has been greatly appreciated and i wish you a very happy birthday. i hope that gail has something nice planned for your day.
i've attached an image of gardner. i dont know why, but every time i see it i think of jim the (tartan and tulwar combination :-)
your friend, as ever,
B

Marc 16th August 2005 11:23 AM

Let me join in wishing you a Happy Birthday, Jim. :)

May the kindness you demonstrated to us all over the years be returned to you thousnadfold.

Take care, friend.

Marc

P.D.
I somewhat find B.I:'s choice for the picture... adequate. Yes, indeed. Very JimMacDougall-ish... :D

Jens Nordlunde 16th August 2005 01:00 PM

Hi Jim,

I too would like to wish you a very happy birthday, and many more to come in the future.
Your friendship and our discussions, both here and the more private ones is most appreciated, when you share your great knowledge with us.
The best wished to Gail and yourself.

Jens

Rick 16th August 2005 02:33 PM

Forum Sparkplug

Happy birthday Jim !
Your knowledge and enthusiasm provide endless energy in this forum .

Long may you run . :D

mmontoro 16th August 2005 03:23 PM

Hi Jim,

I wish you the best of birthdays. In addition to your great knowledge, I have always been impressed by the kind, thoughtful and diplomatic approach to your posts.

Sincerely,
Manny

wolviex 16th August 2005 03:30 PM

DEAR JIM!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND ALL THE BEST FROM FRIENDLY KRAKOW

Andrew 16th August 2005 04:47 PM

Happy Birthday, Jim!

This place, and the entire sword community, has been enriched by your incredible generosity and friendship. :)

Many happy returns!

Rivkin 16th August 2005 05:05 PM

Happy birthday Jim, and thank you so much for all the help and knowledge !

All the best !

Sincerely yours,

Kirill Rivkin

RSWORD 17th August 2005 12:29 AM

Happy birthday to a true gentleman and scholar. I have always been impressed by Jim's willingness to share and especially his passion about our favorite subject. Also, he has always been most welcoming and encouraging to the folks just starting out. All the best.

Jeff D 17th August 2005 01:34 AM

Happy Birthday Jim! It is because of you that I will achieve one of my greatest goals, that is to know 1/10 th as much about swords as you do.

All the Best.
Jeff

Jim McDougall 17th August 2005 02:16 AM

WOW!!! :):)!!!!!!
We've been out all day and it has been a great day already, so I as always, check the forum...................YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!

I cannot possibly thank you all enough for what has proven to be one of my best birthdays ever...and having all of you as friends makes me one lucky guy.

I am very grateful for the very kind words as well, my greatest pleasure is learning together with all of you.

Brian, you have no idea how close you are with that Gardner photo!!
Recalls one Drambuie crazed night (although I was not in Tartan) when I decided to test the swing of a tulwar......I forgot about the ceiling fan!!!
Oops! :)

THANKS AGAIN EVERYBODY!!!

With deepest gratitude,
Jim

Yannis 17th August 2005 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim McDougall
I decided to test the swing of a tulwar......I forgot about the ceiling fan!!!
Oops! :)

In my case it was a long flyssa and my wife's favourite hand made lamp :o

I am late on this: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM

I will never forget that when I was young and innocent in the world of blades you guide me with lot of patience. Thank you

Raja Muda 17th August 2005 07:48 AM

Happy Birthday

Many happy returns of the day Jim. Quoting someone with pointed ears "May you live long and prosper." :)

TVV 18th August 2005 03:41 PM

here is a belated Happy Birthday from Sofia (we Bulgarians tend to always be late :o ). Your contributions to this forum have inspired the young collectors like me.

M ELEY 19th August 2005 02:53 AM

Belated birthday!

Opps! Just saw this post while on a hotel computer (I'm out of town again!). Happy belated birthday, Jim! From one 'savvy mate to another', may the pirate in you always shine through! :) Mark

ariel 20th August 2005 05:41 AM

Jim,
Belated congratulations!

May you have a lot of opportunities to drink Drambuie with no need for an iron collar and swing tulwars to your heart content!