Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dom has been translating for almost five years (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11658)

Jens Nordlunde 19th March 2010 05:54 PM

Dom has been translating for almost five years

Dom has, on this forum, been helping with translations for almost five years now, and I think we owe him many thanks for his help. I am sure many collectors over the years have been very glad for the translations, and will join me in my thanks.

Jens

Lew 19th March 2010 05:59 PM

Yes thank you very much you have been a great help. :)

KuKulzA28 19th March 2010 06:11 PM

I never had nothin' translated... Never had the valuable antiques for him to translate! But such generosity of time and knowledge is admirable. So, thanks for being so helpful! :D

kahnjar1 19th March 2010 08:00 PM

A VERY worthy and timely post!! Thanks Dom from me also.
Stuart :)

fernando 19th March 2010 08:15 PM

Sure thing, Jens
We must all thank Dom for his promptness in helping us with translations.
Fernando

Henk 19th March 2010 08:16 PM

Gentlemen,

Certainly we are Dom grateful for his help and translations. But for those who did read his entire post and not only the translations should be aware of the fact that in his nearness is a great help, who if i'm not mistaken, does the most of the translation work.
So next to Dom we are also the Mrs. grateful for her help and translations.

We hope to see a lot of contributions from the both of you in the comming years.

TVV 19th March 2010 09:03 PM

As someone who has had several things translated, I am most grateful to Dom and especially to the expert translator by his side. Many thanks to both of you!

Also, many thanks to Zifir as well!

Teodor

CourseEight 19th March 2010 09:59 PM

Hear, hear!

Gavin Nugent 20th March 2010 01:11 AM

Thank you

Invaluable translations and selfless with his and his wifes wonderful service to the collecting community.
A scholar and a gentleman..and Dom, they say behind every great man is a great woman....

Gav

Dom 20th March 2010 03:55 AM

Thanks every body,
you are confused me by your kindness,
and I will share your posts with my "precious & faithful" life partner :D
here, let me introduce you, the couple

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8316/15674471.jpg

I'm very pleased to be belong your "fraternity", THANKS once more :p
with our best regards

à +

Dom

VANDOO 20th March 2010 06:15 AM

I WILL ADD MY THANKS ALSO. THOUGH I HAVE NOT HAD ANYTHING TRANSLATED IT IS A VALUABLE RESOURCE TO THE FORUM AND COLLECTORS. A GOOD TRANSLATION CAN OFTEN PROVIDE VALUABLE AND INTERESTING DATA ON A TREASURED WEAPON. MY HATS OFF TO YOU AND YOUR WIFE AND TO THOSE OTHERS WHO TRANSLATE FOR US. :D

Tatyana Dianova 22nd March 2010 08:41 AM

Many thanks to you both for the help!!!

Marc 22nd March 2010 12:37 PM

I haven't had any need for a translation from Arabic... yet, but it is very good to know that if I ever have, I can come here and ask someone, knowing that my petition will be attended with enthusiasm and kindness.
Thank you, Dom, for your and your beautiful wife's continuous and generous service to our community. It's many of us who really appreciate it, as we also appreciate the selfish sharing spirit of many others around here, who let us partake of their knowledge not only of the subject of our passion, but of languages, too (Zifir for Turkish, Maskell or Rich for Japanese, and so many others I can’t mention because of my horrible memory, but that I’ve seen translating Sanskrit, Urdu, Russian, Polish, Hebrew, Chinese, Bontoc, Taglog, and a long etc....). It’s probably one of the most evident signs of the multicultural nature of this activity and of this forum.

To all of you, my sincerest gratitude.

RSWORD 22nd March 2010 06:02 PM

It is very helpful and it is a great picture you share. It is always nice to place a face with the name.

Flavio 23rd March 2010 05:45 PM

Yes, GRAZIE MILLE!!! :) :)

migueldiaz 24th March 2010 02:01 AM

Have not had the need for translation, for just the same, I'd like to commend and thank Dom for his generosity! :)

Battara 24th March 2010 02:51 AM

Wonderful work and a tremendous asset to our forum! :)

Sylektis 24th March 2010 09:50 PM

My thanks too. Euharisto!