Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Imperial Auction (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13523)

Spunjer 20th March 2011 03:13 PM

Imperial Auction

wow! pretty intense last night. some of the items went pretty high, but overall it looks as if the prices of our toys are up in general. i have to say winning my first live auction item from that auction is a rush. i have to say that beating the big boys in a prime auction is one heck of a rush. it made my day. congrats to the rest of the winners (sorry, maurice. i wasn't gonna bid like i told you, but i got caught up :D :D :D )

Rick 20th March 2011 03:59 PM

I'd love to see what the pieces sold for; especially that mis-identified Rukai sword .

I think the bidding for that opened at $2,850.00 .

CourseEight 20th March 2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

I'd love to see what the pieces sold for
Here you go:

Link

kino 20th March 2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

i have to say winning my first live auction item from that auction is a rush
Fess up homie, enquiring minds wants to know.
What did you bring home last night, the kris with the diminutive kakatua, the kris with the horse hoof pommel or the Barung with the inlaid blade.

I attended the auction via the web with the intention of winning one item. In the end, all I could afford was the viewing fee :(

Any forumites that wants to share their winnings, feel free to post.

Spunjer 20th March 2011 04:17 PM

migo, i won this:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/8673503

i think i got everyone off guard. either that, or they they logged in too late. didn't go to baltimore as well; did the online bidding. even blind squirrels get lucky every now and then...

kino 20th March 2011 04:24 PM

Congrats Bro.
I missed that one. I was doing my weekend chores around the bahay kubo and logged on late.

Rick 20th March 2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CourseEight
Here you go:

Link

Thanks, but I'm not a member and they want a log in before revealing prices . :(

laEspadaAncha 20th March 2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunjer
migo, i won this:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/8673503

i think i got everyone off guard. either that, or they they logged in too late. didn't go to baltimore as well; did the online bidding. even blind squirrels get lucky every now and then...

Yep... That was one I had planned to bid on, as I have two nekked krises and a nekked barong that are cold and in need of shelter... Little did I know that while I had a log-in ID and PW on file with AI, I had to re-register with LiveAuctioneers in time for Cole & Co.'s approval... :(

Congrats on the win - and at a reasonable price at that. :) If you ever decide to part with one of those, let me know?

CourseEight 20th March 2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Thanks, but I'm not a member and they want a log in before revealing prices .
If you know the lot #s I can post the hammer prices for you (that goes for anyone).

Nathaniel 20th March 2011 06:11 PM

Also I would like to hear about the Show & Seminar! I"m sure updates will be post soon as folks get back home :) Eagerly awaiting :D

Spunjer 20th March 2011 06:14 PM

L.E.A., if anything, it'd be the wrangka... got plenty nekkid barungs and krises in my closet, lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...r/P3204894.jpg

with the doors closed, you just never know what they do in there... :D :D :D

Maurice 20th March 2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunjer
wow! pretty intense last night. some of the items went pretty high, but overall it looks as if the prices of our toys are up in general. i have to say winning my first live auction item from that auction is a rush. i have to say that beating the big boys in a prime auction is one heck of a rush. it made my day. congrats to the rest of the winners (sorry, maurice. i wasn't gonna bid like i told you, but i got caught up :D :D :D )

Great Ron!

I'm glad you nailed all those big boys to the ground by outbidding them! :D
Have you seen the moro armour? It went pretty cheap I think!!!???

Rick 20th March 2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CourseEight
If you know the lot #s I can post the hammer prices for you (that goes for anyone).

Thank you course eight !
That would be lot 194 .
Could you PM the answer please ? :)
Thanks

Rick

Spunjer 21st March 2011 12:33 AM

yep, armor went relatively cheap. caught me off guard, that one...

Dom 21st March 2011 01:07 AM

Inch'Allah I'll get a consolation prize, a Bukhara dagger :D
I think so ?? not sure, because it's first time, not too much familiar with that system of auction in two times
but, I have that notice
A RARE BUKHARA PITCHAU DAGGER
-closed- Absentee
You will be notified if you were the successful bidder for this lot

and my maximum bid offer didn't be covered ... so :shrug:

but, from far, too difficult to made such investment
without having prior a view at the item specially the "lot 127" (Pala)
my offer maximum reached 10% too short :o ... hard luck

next time ... :p

à +

Dom

Nathaniel 21st March 2011 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dom
Inch'Allah I'll get a consolation prize, a Bukhara dagger :D
I think so ?? not sure, because it's first time, not too much familiar with that system of auction in two times
but, I have that notice
A RARE BUKHARA PITCHAU DAGGER
-closed- Absentee
You will be notified if you were the successful bidder for this lot

and my maximum bid offer didn't be covered ... so :shrug:

but, from far, too difficult to made such investment
without having prior a view at the item specially the "lot 127" (Pala)
my offer maximum reached 10% too short :o ... hard luck

next time ... :p

Inch

à +

Dom

Inch'Allah إن شاء الله

yuanzhumin 21st March 2011 09:11 AM

The lot 194, a mislabeled Rukai sword from Taiwan

Hello Rick and all,

Yes, I'm also very curious (should I say "anxious" :-) ?) to know about the lot 194 that was mislabeled and for which I bidded online nearly 4 weeks ago.

I didn't receive yet any confirmation mail from Imperial Auctions.

Best

Nicolas :confused:
PS Rick, I PMed you

Spunjer 21st March 2011 11:22 AM

194 went for 3600...

Dom 21st March 2011 03:16 PM

Good Day Gentlemen

someone here, has back experience to tell us how long to wait for a confirmation mail from Imperial Auctions ??

thank you per anticipation for your kind advices

à +

Dom

Rick 21st March 2011 03:53 PM

Yep!

I got your message Nicolas . :)

The member to ask would be Ward, I guess .

Perhaps he can enlighten the confused .

yuanzhumin 22nd March 2011 01:06 AM

Hello Dom,

I'm as impatient as you are to know about this confirmation mail. :)
Bien le bonjour a Paris.

Hello Rick,

I just PMed Ward.
Thanks for your suggestion.
I will keep you updated.
Take care

Nicolas

Dom 22nd March 2011 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuanzhumin
Hello Dom,

I'm as impatient as you are to know about this confirmation mail. :)
Bien le bonjour a Paris.

Hi Nicolas
I sent them an email, and now waiting for ...

Paris is greeting you warmly :D

à +

Dom

kai 22nd March 2011 10:08 AM

Seems like quite a few bids were left out: I got confirmation emails for absentee bids I placed and should have won 3 lots (including Ron's); I also applied for life bidding via LA but wasn't able to bid on pieces were my bids weren't high enough. Still waiting on a reaction from AI. Sounds that I wasn't alone though. :( :mad:

Thus, I believe that quite a few lots sold for less than they could have fetched. If I were one of the owners submitting their pieces to the auction, I'd seriously question AI on their "suboptimal" auction system... :eek:

Long story short: If you were lucky to win lots #11, #42, #47, 67, #68, and #110 - please let me know whenever you decide to part with them! :rolleyes: (And, yes, #69 is really sweet, too ;) )

Regards,
Kai

Spunjer 22nd March 2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Seems like quite a few bids were left out: I got confirmation emails for absentee bids I placed and should have won 3 lots (including Ron's); I also applied for life bidding via LA but wasn't able to bid on pieces were my bids weren't high enough. Still waiting on a reaction from AI. Sounds that I wasn't alone though.
hah! you too, eh, kai? i thought i was the only one that had the problem. so yeah, emails have been sent as well....

Rick 22nd March 2011 03:05 PM

A shame . :(
I hope you guys can get this straightened out w/AI .

henri 22nd March 2011 08:24 PM

Lot 17

Won the Lot 17 , sent an email for confirmation ... but still no reply yet !

Henri

Rick 22nd March 2011 09:59 PM

They probably have lots of confirmations to send; they are not ebay . ;)

yuanzhumin 23rd March 2011 01:03 AM

Lot 194

8AM in Shanghai, a chilly but very sunny day is starting. :)
Just checked anxiously my email box. Still no official confirmation mail from Imperial Auctions, 4 days after the sale. :confused:
I will keep you informed when I have it (if I ever have one ?).
Nicolas

VANDOO 23rd March 2011 01:11 AM

I STAYED UNTIL AROUND 1:30 AND UNDERSTAND IT WENT ON UNTIL 3:00 OR SO. MY TASTE IN WEAPONS WAS TOO GOOD AND MY POCKETS TOO SHALLOW TO GET ANY OF THE ITEMS I WAS INTERESTED IN. BUT IT WAS A FUN AND INTERESTING WAY TO SPEND AN EVENING/MORNING EVEN IF I CAME UP EMPTY. AT LEAST I GOT TO FONDLE A LOT OF NEAT ITEMS :D
OLIVER AND WARD WERE RUNNING AROUND LIKE A COUPLE OF WILD MEN DURING THE AUCTION AND NO DOUBT UNTIL DAYBREAK AFTER THE AUCTION GETTING EVERYTHING SETTLED.
A REGULAR AUCTION IS VERY SIMPLE COMPARED TO THE ONLINE AND REGULAR TYPE. USUALLY YOU MAKE YOUR BID PAY FOR YOU ITEMS AND TAKE THEM AND GO HOME. I GUESS THOSE WHO WERE PRESENT STILL DID THAT BUT THOSE ON LINE WILL TAKE A BIT LONGER TO SORT OUT.
IT WAS A BIT OF A MADHOUSE AT TIMES BUT FUN FOR THOSE ATTENDING BUT PURE WORK FOR THOSE RUNNING THE THING MY HAT IS OFF TO THEM. :)
I RECON THEY WILL GET IT ALL SORTED OUT SOON. I DID SEE A FEW BIDS MISSED AS THE BID CAME IN LIKE A SNIPER BID AT THE LAST SECOND BUT WHEN THE AUCTIONEER SAYS SOLD ITS ALL OVER SO CUTTING IT TOO CLOSE IS RISKY AT SUCH AUCTIONS. I AM NOT TOO FOND OF INTERNET AUCTIONS AS THEY ARE MUCH MORE COMPLICATED THAN THOSE WHERE ALL BIDDERS ARE ON SITE.

Spunjer 23rd March 2011 01:18 AM

got my invoice, and according to AI, total charge were taken out of the credit card provided during registration...