Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Swap Forum (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Malay Executioner Kris (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=328)

mykeris 19th February 2005 09:35 AM

Malay Executioner Kris

For swap or sale. Complete original Malay Executioner Keris circ 1800s. Intridcate original Caribou horn hilt, scabbard decorated with old silver. Nice original piece.

rahman 19th February 2005 01:50 PM

Can u provide details (length...), photos and price?

mykeris 19th February 2005 04:57 PM

Dear Mr Rahman and other kris collectors who sent emails to me,
I will provide photos and details of this keris through your personal email.
TQ.

UdanMas 24th February 2005 10:47 AM

Keris for sale..here?

Hi,
I thought this forum doesn't allow trading. Anyway i think it's okay i guess. Mr Rahman, i believe you also posted in KampungChat right?
Thanks Rgds

rahman 24th February 2005 12:39 PM

Duh? Me just starting... I have nothing to sell.... just starting my collection

mykeris 25th February 2005 07:40 AM

Photos Of Excutioner Keris

Some problems sending photos to individual emails. I decided to send it to this forum for your viewing. Be patient. TQ

nechesh 5th March 2005 04:09 AM

Hi MyKeris. You know, posting pictures of items for sale or swap to this forum would be a much better idea than through private e-mails. Firstly, it gives everybody an equal opporunity to see the offerring at the same time. It also insures that the seller will give an accurate discription of the piece. I would, of course, expect no less from you. :)

mykeris 5th March 2005 10:11 AM

I must apologise to all of you. The owner has refused to public posting of his keris. I have returned it to the owner.

nechesh 5th March 2005 05:14 PM

Well, i may be mistaken (the moderators will have to chime in on this one) but my understanding of the Swap Forum was that it is a place where we members get a chance to swap or sell OUR OWN pieces, not act as a DEALERS or AGENTS to sell third party sales. Perhaps that's better done on eBay. But i could be wrong about that. :)

Rick 5th March 2005 08:32 PM

Just A Refresher

6. SPECIAL SWAP FORUM POLICIES

You must own and be able to transfer clear title to what you are selling.

If you buy, sell or trade on the Swap Forum, you do so entirely AT YOUR OWN RISK - Vikingsword does not warrant that your transaction will be completed to your satisfaction.

If you are the seller of an item or have any financial or personal relationship with the seller of an item which, to the most paranoid among us, could constitute a conflict of interest, then any post you initiate about such item belongs in the swap forum. If your only interest or connection is as a potential bidder or buyer of the item, this restriction does not apply, however, you agree to hold all forum members acting in good faith harmless, should you base any purchase decision upon information from such a discussion.

If someone else has initiated discussion on any item for which the preceding paragraph applies in your case, you may reply to and participate in the discussion, but must in each such reply include a statement of your actual or potential commercial interest in the item.

There is no enforceable external legal constraint against posting an object for discussion in a forum such as ours and later deciding to sell the item and posting a link to the discussion in the forums. However, if a forum member does this without having received the permission of the authors of the relevant posts in advance for such commercial use of their remarks, this constitutes grounds for cancellation of the offender's forum registration.