Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Book on yataghans (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3170)

Flavio 16th September 2006 01:36 PM

Book on yataghans

6 Attachment(s)
Hi all, anybody knows this book? It's very nice!! Yataghans from the History Museum of Zagabria (Croazia)

wolviex 16th September 2006 02:36 PM

GREAT FIND!
There are many interesting books from Zagreb, they always had good catalogues and I've got some old from the 70's. There is also good reference book on hangers and this one is really nice find. Available on ebay from the Croatian seller anyway.

ErnestoJuan 16th September 2006 03:46 PM

How to order the book

Hi all,

I have been emailing with Dora Boskovic recently, they are willing to sell this great book without making a great profit out of it.

Waiting for permission from Andrew whom I sent an email about posting the details.

Ernst.

Battara 16th September 2006 08:38 PM

Ernesto, please let me know - I have been interested in getting this catalogue for a while now.

wolviex 16th September 2006 09:56 PM

Yes, I think many of us will be interested to get this catalogue! Many thanks for your efforts!

not2sharp 16th September 2006 09:57 PM

Someone drop me note when this becomes available. I would love to buy a copy.

n2s

Flavio 16th September 2006 10:04 PM

Dear all, if you are interested PM me and will give the link for the seller on ebay where i have bought my copy.

ErnestoJuan 16th September 2006 10:14 PM

HI all.

Still did not receive a message from the forum admins regarding posting info on how to get the catalogue.
I don't want to risk a forum ban like I had before, therefore I will await the answer.

Anyway, before you you have any plans to buy the book from ebay, Dora wrote to me that basically the book including shipping costs 30 euro's (that is shipping within Europe). She stated that the museum does not make a great profit from selling them. I have seen the book on ebay for 40 dollars excluding shipping cost. So if I were you please wait a little longer.
You can always send me a PM and I will copy and paste the info for you.

Ernst

ariel 17th September 2006 01:54 AM

I have it and it is very good.
I can understand a smattering of Serbo-Croatian, and it helps a lot. Otherwise, it is a very nice picture book. Was looking there for the 15th century Yataghan (casually mentioned in "Croatian arms" as being owned by the Zagreb Museum), but .... no such luck.
I heard that Elgood was preparing a boook on Balkan weapons: that will be a treat! Just hope, it wll be in English :D
Ordered a Bulgarian book on antique arms from abebooks.com ( look for Daskalov): hope to spend a pleasant evening (with a glass of Rakijka, of course, for full authenticity)

Andrew 17th September 2006 03:45 AM

Ernst:

Just responded to your PM with a suggestion that you start a thread in Swap with ordering information. Please provide active auction information via PM to anyone interested.

Looks like a nice book. I'm interested for my own library. :)

Best,
Andrew

ErnestoJuan 17th September 2006 08:23 AM

Yataghan book

Hi Andrew,

This book can be ordered directly from the museum. I will now start a new thread in the SWAP area,

Ernst

TVV 18th September 2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariel
Ordered a Bulgarian book on antique arms from abebooks.com ( look for Daskalov): hope to spend a pleasant evening (with a glass of Rakijka, of course, for full authenticity)

It is a good book, Ariel, with a heavy focus on firearms. And as far as rakijka, I just arrived in Sofia yesterday and plan to take full advantage in the next two weeks.

Richard Furrer 7th May 2012 07:05 PM

Hello All,
Does anyone have a copy they wish to sell?

Richard

delor 22nd May 2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErnestoJuan
Hi Andrew,

This book can be ordered directly from the museum. I will now start a new thread in the SWAP area,

Ernst

Hello Ernesto,
did you start the thread in the swap area ? I can't find it...
Regards,
Bernard