Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best Of The Season (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94)

Rick 20th December 2004 10:09 PM

Best Of The Season

1 Attachment(s)
To you all !!

Looks like we're going to have a white christmas here . :D

Rick 20th December 2004 10:23 PM

Inside

1 Attachment(s)
Cozy and warm .

Yannis 20th December 2004 11:35 PM

This is real big khyber knife! :) I suppose it is bigger than my christmas tree :)

Jim McDougall 21st December 2004 03:35 AM

Happy Ho Ho Ho Rick!!!
Now thats what I call festive decorating!!! :)
I agree with Yannis...that Khyber is really something....reminds me of Crocodile Dundee's line...."now THIS is a Khyber Knife!".

Seriously though.....
I would really like to wish everyone out there in Forumland , the most wonderful Christmas and the very happiest new year!!!
I guess this is the time of year when we can all reflect on the things we are all grateful for and look forward to new hopes in the coming year.
One of the things, among many, that I am grateful for, is for the priviledge of being part of this forum, and the camraderie we all share, learning together in our common interests.
All the very best wishes everyone!!!
Jim

jwpettipas 21st December 2004 10:44 AM

=) I just wanted to send out a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everybody here on the forum (while everybody is feeling festive in this thread). I put "The Complete Bladesmith" on my christmas list, and I have a good feeling that Santa already has a copy tucked aside for me. So, after reading that I'm hoping to know a little more about some of the issues you all talk about here (seeing as I'm illiterate in the world of knives and swords, I couldn't even tell you which blade on the wall is a Khyber in that picture posted here). Bear with me, and hopefully someday I'll be able to contribute to the forum =)

Yannis 21st December 2004 12:35 PM

Wellcome to the forum jwpettipas.

Few years ago, when I found this forum, I couldnt tell the difference between a kitchen knife and a rapier! :D

Now i think i know some things (thanx everybody!) and i still learn.

The khyber knife is the far left sword. This one is huge. Normally they are about 15 inches long. The name "khyber" comes from "Khyber Pass" that is between Pakistan and Afghanistan. If you search old threads of the forum (from the first page, 2000-2004) you will find more information about it.

Rick 21st December 2004 07:33 PM

Stocking Stuffer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwpettipas
=) I just wanted to send out a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everybody here on the forum (while everybody is feeling festive in this thread). I put "The Complete Bladesmith" on my christmas list, and I have a good feeling that Santa already has a copy tucked aside for me. So, after reading that I'm hoping to know a little more about some of the issues you all talk about here (seeing as I'm illiterate in the world of knives and swords, I couldn't even tell you which blade on the wall is a Khyber in that picture posted here). Bear with me, and hopefully someday I'll be able to contribute to the forum =)

A copy of George Cameron Stone's book is also a must for identification , a good but flawed book on arms worldwide, tons of illustrations , can be had cheap via author search at abebooks.com . :D

wilked aka Khun Deng 24th December 2004 07:28 AM

Happy Holidays

To All, Be you Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist .. White, Black, Asian, or just all mixed up like me, I hope this season brings you as much Joy and Freindship as I have received from this forum. May your families prosper, your health remain, and your collections and knowledge increase.

Blessing and Tidings

Dan and Gaed

nechesh 24th December 2004 01:55 PM

Sometimes the old Christmas cliches are the most appropriate and now is as good a time as any to suggest, "PEACE ON EARTH, GOOD WILL TOWARDS MEN!".

Rick 24th December 2004 02:20 PM

Good Words Gentlemen

1 Attachment(s)
Right now I am full of the cheer and happiness of the season . :D :D
BUT !!
When late March hits , it's another story ............ :eek:

nechesh 24th December 2004 03:23 PM

.....and he who shall pulleth the sword for the icey man of snow and stone shall reign as King of the Blessed Spring for all eternity..... :D

Yannis 24th December 2004 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Me and this cat, Hontros, wish to all of you health and good fortune :D

Federico 24th December 2004 06:27 PM

Rick, Calvin and Hobbes could do no better, awesome snowman, just watch out for the revenge of the Yeti ;) :p :D

PS. Happy Holidays to all, and for those in cold places wear some thermal underwear for goodness sakes. :confused: :rolleyes: :D

Andrew 24th December 2004 07:42 PM

Hehehe. It does look cold on the Cape, Rick. :D

It's 79* F here, by the way.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Best regards,
Andrew

Rick 24th December 2004 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew
Hehehe. It does look cold on the Cape, Rick. :D

It's 79* F here, by the way.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Best regards,
Andrew

I visit every day my friend . :D
http://www.evsjupiter.com/main.htm

VANDOO 25th December 2004 12:04 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU-ALL AS WE SAY AROUND HERE :)

IT WAS 9 DEGRES HERE LAST NIGHT I NEED TO LAY IN SOME COLD WEATHER PROVISIONS PERHAPS A REDHEAD, BLONDE OR BRUNETTE OR ONE OF EACH :rolleyes: WELL I CAN ALWAYS DREAM :D HAPPY HOLLIDAYS AND GAURD YOUR SNOW MEN.

RhysMichael 25th December 2004 12:31 AM

I would like to also add my wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year. Along with my thanks for all the help and information that all of you here share so freely with me everytime I look in.
John

Andrew 25th December 2004 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick
I visit every day my friend . :D
http://www.evsjupiter.com/main.htm

I love those sites! :)

Here's mine. It's been broken for a while. Check out the date, though! :D The beach looks a bit different now.

http://www.martin.fl.us/beachcam.html

ariel 25th December 2004 08:32 AM

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to everyone!
It had been a pleasure to participate in this Forum and to meet all of you; I've learned an awful lot and am very grateful to all the Forumites who shared their knowledge with me in a true spirit of generosity.
Hope to see you in Timonium and share a beer or two (or more...)

wolviex 25th December 2004 10:34 PM

Wesolych Swiat

1 Attachment(s)
Wesolych Swiat - that's of course "Merry Christmas" in Polish. And staying in Christmas atmosphere - this is my Christmas tree - there's also visible a handle of kinjal on the left :) - but I admit there is not many weapons on this picture anyway.
Best regards to you all :)

Rick 25th December 2004 11:03 PM

WOW !!

What a beautiful tree Wolviex !

Jeff D 25th December 2004 11:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Merry Christmas and Season's Greetings! I thought you guys down south needed to see a Canadian farm on Christmas morning.

All the best for the new year.
Jeff

Michel 26th December 2004 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This how its looks like, above the cloud, with or without edge weapons

Merry Xmas and Happy new Year 2005

Michel