Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Book "Precious Indian Weapons from the al-Sabah Collection" (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22803)

Tatyana Dianova 8th June 2017 11:42 AM

New Book "Precious Indian Weapons from the al-Sabah Collection"

1 Attachment(s)
I have got yesterday a new book on Indian weapons: "Precious Indian Weapons from the al-Sabah Collection". I haven't read the text yet, but it features around 200 stunning daggers and swords from India on 500 pages. The picture quality is simply amazing!

ariel 9th June 2017 06:17 PM

Amazon as well as the publishers ( Thames and Hudson) both state its release date as September 12, 2017.
Where did you get yours and how much did you pay?

Miguel 9th June 2017 07:50 PM

I was going to ask the same questions :)
Miguel

Tatyana Dianova 9th June 2017 08:00 PM

It is already available in UK, I have bought it on English Amazon.

Miguel 10th June 2017 04:41 PM

thank you Tatyana for your reply.
Miguel

Jens Nordlunde 8th July 2017 04:46 PM

Thank you Tatyana for mentioning this book.
For all interested in Indian arms this is a must. There are a lot of weapons studded with stones, which many does not fancy, but there are also a lot of other weapons, and the texts are really interesting, and not only four lines.
I will very much recommend this book.

ariel 11th July 2017 12:29 AM

I contacted several British sellers: none of them are willing to send it to the US. Even more astonishing, the one who has this book in New York (!!!) has a note that the book can't be sent to the US.
Do they think that Sir William Howe still controls New York City for the Crown?
I think it is about time for Washington to cross the blasted Delaware!

Please, if anyone here knows how to get this book to Michigan ( we are still not among the 13 Colonies), let me know:-)))

Likhari 11th July 2017 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariel
I contacted several British sellers: none of them are willing to send it to the US. Even more astonishing, the one who has this book in New York (!!!) has a note that the book can't be sent to the US.
Do they think that Sir William Howe still controls New York City for the Crown?
I think it is about time for Washington to cross the blasted Delaware!

Please, if anyone here knows how to get this book to Michigan ( we are still not among the 13 Colonies), let me know:-)))

Don't get so frustrated Doc ! I ordered mine on ebay from books2anywhereuk and got it within 7 days. It costed below 50 USD and this includes free shipping. Hope this helps. I will try writing a review on the book next weekend.

ariel 11th July 2017 11:13 AM

Many thanks!!!!
Ordered.

mariusgmioc 11th July 2017 02:24 PM

Thank you Tatyana!

Thanks to you, I ordered my copy in time. :)