Dear Keris lovers,
I'm probably ask this question that somebody threaded before, too many terminology for the keris and it depends on each region.
For the Lombok region where I'm living, this series called as :
5. Toli Toli
6. Sampleng Atas
7. Sampleng Bawak
Please help with the famous named in teh region you may know.
Happy New Year for everyone, wishing us all the best, specially in acquiring Keris. :)
From the Netherlands for you all: the best wishes and a good health,
and that our knowledge may grow :)
about regional terminology I have no information, we only use the standard names.
But maybe someone is interested in the symbolic meaning of the parts
1. Agkup -means submitting and devoting to God
2. Janggut -means bearer must feel strong faith towards God
3. Latha -means dirt on the forehead
4. Gandar- means the bearer is destined for himself
5. Gandek -means the waiting for Divinity
6. Godhong -means two uniting souls, People and government should agree with each other
7. Ri cangkring -symbolizes Elbows
8. Ukiran (Hilt) -means God is mightier than all
9. Warangka- means Eternal Life
10. Mendak- means bearer must be humble
11. Selut Keris Ring
12. Pendok -means Etiquettes
Dear Sirek, happy new year and wishing all the best for all of us.
Thank's.. yours more complete and detail then mine.. I have saved your picture on my HD for my reference.
Well, thank you guys!
Nice info there.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 11:29 AM.|
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.