Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Keris Warung Kopi (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   KERIS BROJOL UJUNG GUNUNG (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17710)

pasopatiyuningrat 13th October 2013 07:41 PM

KERIS BROJOL UJUNG GUNUNG

6 Attachment(s)
Just found this keris. Appreciate your comments ...

Commercial links are not allowed in the discussion forums .
Please check the posting rules for further information .

Marcokeris 18th October 2013 12:19 AM

I have one like this. When i bought, it was rather dirty by rust on a corner. Then i had the bad idea to clean the blade...when i started to use warangan the process was a nightmare. I never saw a blade so difficult in restoration: the pamor never rised with his original contrast. So i decided to bring my keris from italy to java for a new restoration with a rather good exit (but different from the nice contrast of the original pamor)
Your pamor's blade seems to my eyes with a right contras (better than mine)
Sorry for my english

asomotif 18th October 2013 09:56 PM

Welcome on the forum.

Very good pictures/ proffesional compared to what I usually post.

Is the ganja shortened ?

Jean 19th October 2013 09:34 AM

I agree with Willem, excellent pictures! The ganja seems very worn and shortened indeed, and again very stiff, blade from East Java?
Regards

Marcokeris 19th October 2013 10:09 PM

Majapahit?

A. G. Maisey 20th October 2013 01:51 AM

I feel we are looking at a North Coast, Tuban and west blade, note the boto rubuh blumbangan and the short sirah cecak, which probably has a rather rounded appearance from above, the gonjo is probably not quite nguceng mati, the pamor is probably separating a fraction from the slorok. Its an old blade, maybe classifiable as Pajajaran, and if so, possibly Ki Keleng --- look at the way the blade leans forward. As always you really need to handle something like this to form a defensible opinion.

pasopatiyuningrat 25th October 2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asomotif
Welcome on the forum.

Very good pictures/ proffesional compared to what I usually post.

Is the ganja shortened ?

thaks for comment .... ganja never shortened, i just keep what i got ...

pasopatiyuningrat 25th October 2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcokeris
Majapahit?

hmmm for me its tuban era but iron elements its seems to be pajajaran era ...

pasopatiyuningrat 25th October 2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
I feel we are looking at a North Coast, Tuban and west blade, note the boto rubuh blumbangan and the short sirah cecak, which probably has a rather rounded appearance from above, the gonjo is probably not quite nguceng mati, the pamor is probably separating a fraction from the slorok. Its an old blade, maybe classifiable as Pajajaran, and if so, possibly Ki Keleng --- look at the way the blade leans forward. As always you really need to handle something like this to form a defensible opinion.

thanks ... very nice description

pasopatiyuningrat 25th October 2013 03:43 PM

thanks for your comment ...