Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New adquisition; filipino bolo (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14229)

carlos 24th August 2011 08:13 AM

New adquisition; filipino bolo

5 Attachment(s)
Hello!!
This is my last adquisition, I just win in the Ebay. Seems like a filipino bolo, with a unusual hilt with form of dog. Measures 17 in long.

Opinions are welcome!!
thanks again
carlos

Battara 24th August 2011 04:31 PM

Congratulations! :) Yes it is a Luzon bolo but with a dog? Interesting piece especially with the carving in horn and the brass inlay.

Wonder how I missed that one? :confused:

carlos 24th August 2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battara
Congratulations! :) Yes it is a Luzon bolo but with a dog? Interesting piece especially with the carving in horn and the brass inlay.

Wonder how I missed that one? :confused:

Thanks for the information! I saw in Ebay 2 times, the first time nobody bid and the second time only I did.

Best regards
carlos

Rick 24th August 2011 04:59 PM

Not so sure it is a dog; check the bump on the nasal ridge . :confused:

carlos 24th August 2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick
Not so sure it is a dog; check the bump on the nasal ridge . :confused:

I´mnot sure if hilt is a dog, is only the descrption of the seller.The seller told is was WWII period, but seems more antique,any opinions about age?
Thanks in advance
carlos

Robert 24th August 2011 05:24 PM

Hello Carlos,
What a beautiful Luzon bolo !!!:eek: Like Jose, I cannot believe that I missed this.:( Could you post a picture of the hilt looking at it from the front? I don't really think that this is a dog either with that protrusion on the bridge of the nose. As far as age, I would think that with the decorations on what is left of the scabbard and the quality of the carving that it would date to the first quarter of the 20th century (if not a little earlier). My congratulation to you on this new addition to your collection. I am VERY jealous !!!

Robert

carlos 24th August 2011 05:39 PM

Hello Robert!!
When I saw auction the first time I can not believe nobody bid. seller put again in ebay ant this time I bid, it was the unique bid!! :D
The bid finished yesterday and I don,t have with me the bolo, when arrived I will do more pictures.
Thanks again
carlos

Dimasalang 24th August 2011 08:22 PM

Nice grab. Can't say much for the animal. Very unique piece. Congrates! :D

KuKulzA28 30th August 2011 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos
When I saw auction the first time I can not believe nobody bid. seller put again in ebay ant this time I bid, it was the unique bid!! :D

I was watching but did not bid, need my money for other things. But I'm sure it's going to a good home, good buy carlos! :)

carlos 27th September 2011 08:44 PM

I have it !

7 Attachment(s)
I have received the bolo and I´m very happy with this adquisition. I post some more pictures .
Thanks again
carlos

Sajen 27th September 2011 09:36 PM

Hi Carlos,

very nice bolo with a beautiful handle. Don't know if this should be a dog but it look like this. I have missed this auction also. Congratulations for this very nice find.

Regards,

Detlef