Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A NEW COLLECTOR ARRIVES (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11176)

kahnjar1 7th December 2009 04:35 AM

A NEW COLLECTOR ARRIVES

One of our members has just become a father. To Gene (Atlantia) and Louise, congratulations on the birth of Alexander!
Stu

Amuk Murugul 7th December 2009 04:41 AM

Hullo everybody,:)

Congratulations from me too, Gene & Louise, on Alexander's arrival! May he grow to be as famous as his namesake!

Best,

TVV 7th December 2009 05:33 AM

Congratulations Gene, on your best acquisition for 2009!
Regards,
Teodor

David 7th December 2009 06:37 AM

Woot! Woot! :D

Rick 7th December 2009 02:29 PM

Congratulations are in order; nay, a celebration !

It's only 9:30 am here but a toast still is in order .

Skol !!

Dom 7th December 2009 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dears all,

Avec nos meilleurs vœux, et félicitations aux parents :D
With our best wishes and congratulations to parents :D
:D مع أطيب تحياتنا وتهانينا للوالدين

à +

Dom

Gess 7th December 2009 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Congratulations!
Пусть растет здоровым ребенком на радость Папе с Мамой!
For new legs - need a drink! ;)

Atlantia 8th December 2009 01:15 AM

Friends.

What can I say. Thank you :o

I'm not a young man (I'm nearly 41) and I honestly wondered if I'd ever be a father.
Louise had a very difficult time giving birth and was over 40 hours in labour, including ten hours of being induced, lots of things going wrong, until eventually she had to have an emergency caesarean section because she and the baby were struggling to cope.
We managed to get home for a couple of days, but the strain had taken its toll on both of them, and even with 'round the clock' care from me, little Alexander wasn't managing to feed enough, so was losing weight.
So, they are back in the hospital, in the special care baby unit, but are both doing well, so should be home with me in a couple of days (hopefully).

Here is a picture of the three of us in the theatre. Alex is about 3 minutes old, Louise is still being stitched up in this shot (behind the screen) and neither of us have slept more than a few hours in three days, so we don't look our best.

Thanks a million for the kind wishes gentlemen. I am going to raise a glass to your health, one and all, right now.

Gene

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...antia/fam1.jpg

P.S. So the Crew of The Battlestar Atlantia is up to three now :D
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5.../atlantia1.jpg

Atlantia 8th December 2009 01:24 AM

Here's a nicer one of Alex. He's nearly an hour old here:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...antia/Alex.jpg

kahnjar1 8th December 2009 02:18 AM

Gene, you COULD have managed to put a SMALL knife in his hand for the pic. :D Its never too early to get collectors started!
Stu

Nathaniel 8th December 2009 04:39 AM

Congratulations, someone start passing around the cigars :D

Gene, what is the length and weight of your strapping lad?

Sajen 8th December 2009 08:01 AM

Also from me congratulation for the nice young boy!

Rick 8th December 2009 03:33 PM

I'd suggest George Cameron as first and middle names . ;) :D

My Wife was 36 hours labor; then the C section; I hear you buddy .

Rick

katana 8th December 2009 03:55 PM

Congratulations Gene (and especially to Louise .....afterall she did do all the hard work)

At least you know that one of your 'old' weapons is still fully functioning ;) :D

All the best to you and yours

David

Norman McCormick 8th December 2009 04:08 PM

Hi Gene,
Many congratulations to you both, now 'for you' the hard work begins! :) :) :)
My Regards,
Norman.

fernando 8th December 2009 07:19 PM

Hey Gene,
He sure grows up fast. I can see his moustache :eek: .
Congratulations to you and my respects to your wife; you know, we do the watching, but they do the suffering.
Fernando

Robert 8th December 2009 07:52 PM

Gene,
Congratulations to you and your lovely wife. You two have just received the greatest gift that anyone can ask for. Best wishes for you and your family.

Merry (even if it is early) Christmas :D
Robert

Luc LEFEBVRE 8th December 2009 08:11 PM

Congratulations !
You have now to teach Alexander to fly with a Viper...

http://www.battlestargalactica-onlin...ions/viper.jpg

fearn 8th December 2009 08:43 PM

Congratulations to you both, especially to Louise. I hope everyone's home and healthy soon.

Just think, now you've got someone to inherit the collection! :D

Mauro 8th December 2009 09:50 PM

best wishes for this big big events. I am new with this forum but I like to share this moment !
Mauro

ericlaude 8th December 2009 11:44 PM

Congratulation for the young boy.

Mark 8th December 2009 11:57 PM

Congratulations! I hope both babe and mom will soon be home and in perfect health. :)

migueldiaz 9th December 2009 12:39 AM

Best wishes to the great Alexander and to the proud mom and dad! :)

Gavin Nugent 9th December 2009 12:53 AM

Congrats

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlantia

Here is a picture of the three of us in the theatre. Alex is about 3 minutes old, Louise is still being stitched up in this shot (behind the screen) and neither of us have slept more than a few hours in three days, so we don't look our best.

Congrats Gene,

Best to Mum and Alex too.

Get used to the no sleep.

Best from Gav, Rose and Alex.

Marc 9th December 2009 09:59 AM

Congratulations for the new light shining on your lives :)

Time to start thinking on getting closed (as per with actual locks) display cabinets for the collection... :)

Maurice 9th December 2009 10:25 AM

Congratulations with your best acquisition this year, and maybe in future too.

I have two kids, a son and a daughter. I thought my boy (who is 10 now) would follow me up with the collecting of edged weapons.
But my daughter (who is 5) shows a lot more interest, and likes to sit besides me when I am watching the forum, and wants to be on the pictures with my swords....So maybe she will be my successor?

Anyway, have a wonderful time with your new family member.

Regards,
Maurice

Atlantia 9th December 2009 08:38 PM

Hi all,
Thank you so much for all the kind wishes, they are truly appreciated!

Louise and Alex are back from the Hospital now. Both are doing much better. Seems like the problems were just Louises body struggling to cope with all the strain of the birth/CS and that slowed milk production drastically.
Anyway, all is going well now, we are suplimenting him with some formula.

Its good to be able to relax a bit and actually enjoy being a father instead of just worrying.

And I can come here and reply to this thread!

Stu,
"you COULD have managed to put a SMALL knife in his hand for the pic. Its never too early to get collectors started!"

LOL, I think I'll have enough troble keeping little prying hands off of the collection without encouraging him!
The Mrs HAS already mentioned it a few times.

Amuk Murugul
"Congratulations from me too / May he grow to be as famous as his namesake"

Thank you, it's a tall order! lol.
Alexander - leader of men!
Whatever path he chooses, as long as he is a good man, I will be proud.

TVV,

Thank you Teodor :D

David,
"woot! Woot!"

LOL!! Cheers David.

Dom,

Love the Stork gif!
Thank you buddy.

Gess,
"Congratulations!
Пусть растет здоровым ребенком на радость Папе с Мамой!
For new legs - need a drink!"

Thank you. I certainly did need a drink when he finally arrived!! Is that a tradition toast?

Nataniel,
"Congratulations, someone start passing around the cigars

Gene, what is the length and weight of your strapping lad?"

Thank you, but I'll have to pass on the cigars, I miss smoking too darn much!
He was 7lb-10.5oz, 3470g, they didn't measure him actually....
(goes to get a measure) He's now 18"/46cm.

Sajen,

Thank you.... I know eveyone thinks their baby is beautiful, but I do think he's a good looking little chap.

Rick,
"I'd suggest George Cameron as first and middle names .

My Wife was 36 hours labor; then the C section; I hear you buddy ."

George Cameron? Any particular reason?
36hrs, then CS :( It's certainly a trial isn't it? Were they both OK afterwards?

Katana,

"Congratulations Gene (and especially to Louise .....afterall she did do all the hard work)

At least you know that one of your 'old' weapons is still fully functioning "

Thanks David. Not sure she did 'all' the hard work... I was after all teetering on the edge of a nervous breakdown! ;)
And Thanks, LOL, there's plenty a good tune played on an old fiddle!

Norman,
"Many congratulations to you both, now 'for you' the hard work begins!"

Thanks mate. Nah, plain sailing from here on! :rolleyes:

Fernando,

"He sure grows up fast. I can see his moustache . Congratulations to you and my respects to your wife; you know, we do the watching, but they do the suffering."

Thanks bud, but he's gotta have a goatee beard like his dad! My mrs was magnificent, I couldn't have sat still while they tried half a dozen times to get a needle into my spine! She was absolutely heroic, I am in awe :)

Robert Coleman,
"Congratulations to you and your lovely wife. You two have just received the greatest gift that anyone can ask for. Best wishes for you and your family.

Merry (even if it is early) Christmas"

Thanks Robert :) I still can't quite believe it, just goes to show, it's never too late!
Happy Xmas to you too :D

Luc,

LOL!!! Absolutely! Early on in the pregnancy I did suggest that 'Apollo' was a good name for a boy....... Louise did NOT agree! ;)

Atlantia 9th December 2009 08:40 PM

Fearn,

"Congratulations to you both, especially to Louise. I hope everyone's home and healthy soon.

Just think, now you've got someone to inherit the collection"

Thanks Fearn :) they are home now, and I'm extremely glad.
Inherit? I might want to be buried with it! ;)

Mauro,
"best wishes for this big big events. I am new with this forum but I like to share this moment !"

Thank you mauro, I greatly appreciate your kind words.

Ericlaude,

Thank you Eric, my dynasty continues!

Mark,

Thanks Mark, it's a huge relief that they are both back and doing well.

Migueldiaz,

Thanks Miguel, lets hope he lives up to his name!

Freebooter,

Thanks Gav, Rose and 'Alex'? How old is your 'Alex' mate?

Marc,
"Congratulations for the new light shining on your lives

Time to start thinking on getting closed (as per with actual locks) display cabinets for the collection..."

Thanks Marc, he really is
I'm already thinking about high shelves and racks :(

Maurice,

"Congratulations with your best acquisition this year, and maybe in future too.
I have two kids, a son and a daughter. I thought my boy (who is 10 now) would follow me up with the collecting of edged weapons.
But my daughter (who is 5) shows a lot more interest, and likes to sit besides me when I am watching the forum, and wants to be on the pictures with my swords....So maybe she will be my successor?
Anyway, have a wonderful time with your new family member."

Wise words, and thank you. He's 'the ultimate weapon'.
Its an interesting idea, I think I'd just assumed that he'd iherit my interests, but I guess perhaps not.....

It was my love of history and interest in the 'evolution' of our culture (along with a boys love of 'swashbuckling') led me to understand the pivotal role that 'the sword' has played in forming our 'world'.
There really is no more emotive a symbol than the sword, representing as it does, honour to some, oppression to others, and the possibility of death to any.
For me it symbolises our mortality, the struggle of our existence and a reminder that the one decision that is truly ours is whether we are good or evil.

I hope Alex shares my interest in weapons, but if he doesn't... then perhaps he'll like my collection of Asian metalwork instead!

Gonzalo G 10th December 2009 01:56 AM

Sorry to be late, Gene. I have not been on the forum for a while. Congratulations to all the family for this new joy. Very, very, nice baby. I think he and his mother are going to be alright very soon.
My best regards

Gonzalo

ALEX 10th December 2009 01:39 PM

Gene, Louise and Alex,
What a beautiful, smart and healthy baby, just like his parents! Congratulations!!! Wishing you all happiness, good health and prosperity.

P.A. And what a great choice of name:-)