Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dan De Wilke visit to Macau (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2784)

Antonio Cejunior 17th July 2006 04:22 PM

Dan De Wilke visit to Macau

Hi folks :) ,

I had a unexpected trip to Europe and fortunately caught Dan's email confirming his date which was the same as my back to Macau arrival date. So I was able to
show Dan and Jenny a very little tiny bit of Macau and visit the exhibition with them.

Check here for the pictures

My son is arriving Friday for his Summer vacations and will be submitted to an operation. So dad will be quite busy for a while with his little 1.95 m sonny :) .

Well, anyway just thought I would share with you and am sure that Dan will catch up.
My biorythm is entirely upside down. Cheers and off to sleep.
Catalogue is almost ready. Will let everyone know about it.

Andrew 17th July 2006 04:59 PM

Soooo, what's that Dan was holding? :cool:

Mark 17th July 2006 06:29 PM

Oh, its too thin to be a History of Steel catalogue! Probably a Masters of Fire catalogue.

Antonio, are those Taoist pole-arms in the background of the 4th photo?

Andrew 18th July 2006 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Bowditch
Oh, its too thin to be a History of Steel catalogue! Probably a Masters of Fire catalogue.

Rats. You're right: I took a closer look at the cover. :o

Antonio Cejunior 18th July 2006 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew
Soooo, what's that Dan was holding? :cool:

Good morning Andrew :)

Like you said later, it is indeed 'RATS - THE MASTERS OF FIRE' catalog :D
Ours is in the making and I'll personally supervise everything. It wasn't easy to have one single designer, Joyce Ho, to clean up the entire background of each and every photo with Photoshop.

Mark will tell you more about it ;)

Antonio Cejunior 18th July 2006 01:19 AM

Taoism

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Bowditch
Antonio, are those Taoist pole-arms in the background of the 4th photo?

Yes and no Mark.

They are on display with (more or less) the following note, loaned by a local temple:

Weapons played such an important part in warfare, most of the time deciding life or death, that magical or religious elements were inscribed
or incorporated in the weapon. Later, the importance of weapons became so relevant, that a panoply of poles were crowned with taoist symbols, in a hybridation that brought forth the very importance of life and death in the battlefield.

This is in the small Educational Corner where very often I believe that the obvious must be reminded.

Andrew 18th July 2006 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonio Cejunior
Good morning Andrew :)

Like you said later, it is indeed 'RATS - THE MASTERS OF FIRE' catalog :D
Ours is in the making and I'll personally supervise everything. It wasn't easy to have one single designer, Joyce Ho, to clean up the entire background of each and every photo with Photoshop.

Mark will tell you more about it ;)

Hi Antonio. I can only imagine. :)

Antonio Cejunior 18th July 2006 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew
Hi Antonio. I can only imagine. :)

Hi Andrew,

Well, it will be done. BTW, have you checkep PMs and Emails? ;)

Very best,

Antonio