Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Where in the world do the Forumites live? (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6994)

kahnjar1 8th September 2008 05:24 AM

Where in the world do the Forumites live?

There are obviously collectors and members of the Forum in all parts of the world. Some publish their country of residence below their Avatar, others do not. I feel that it would perhaps be of assistance to other members, especially if they intend to "trade", to know which countries they are dealing with.
We are all very aware in this politically correct time, that laws in some parts of the world are very stringent, and in other parts are not.
What do the membership, and particularly the Moderators feel about making this information a mandatory requirement for publication. I am not for one moment suggesting that an address be given, but certainly a country would not undermine the collectors security. :)

roanoa 8th September 2008 05:53 AM

Italian born Canadian.

Gonzalo G 8th September 2008 06:06 AM

Already done, Khanjar.

Gavin Nugent 8th September 2008 06:35 AM

guess

G'day mate!

kahnjar1 8th September 2008 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebooter
G'day mate!

Whats your opinion Gav? :)

Martin Lubojacky 8th September 2008 08:32 AM

Czech Republic (but too often abroad...)
Regards,

Martin

stekemest 8th September 2008 11:39 AM

I'm from Germany (Heidelberg).
Always fascinating to see how the internet unifies people from all over the world. :)

inveterate 8th September 2008 11:59 AM

Another G'day mate!

Queequeg 8th September 2008 12:13 PM

New Mogadishu... er, I mean, Detroit, Michigan.

Bill M 8th September 2008 01:11 PM

Howdy Y'all!

the other Georgia --- in the USA, city of Atlanta!

Gonzalo G 8th September 2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queequeg
New Mogadishu... er, I mean, Detroit, Michigan.

Hahahaha....is it over there so bad?

I think Khanjar meant to inscribe permanently the place of origin on the profile...or otherwise, we are going to forget in time almost all the places of origin of the forum companions.
Regards

fernando 8th September 2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzalo G

I think Khanjar meant to inscribe permanently the place of origin on the profile...or otherwise, we are going to forget in time almost all the places of origin of the forum companions.
Regards

You're right Gonzalo ... and so is Stuart.
Not only for the reason he appoints but, for elementary reasons, everyone should ( have to) fullfill the minimum detais in their profile ... like country of origin, for a start. It is obviously so important to know who you are exchanging impressions with. After all, that's what the profile boxes are for. Well, i might be short minded and not discern the possible good reaons for such "secrecy" ... forgive me the rudeness :o
... Long time i have been willing to coment on this, so i couldn't miss the opportunity.
Fernando

Gonzalo G 8th September 2008 01:58 PM

Sorry, an error in posting.....

Battara 8th September 2008 01:58 PM

Louisville, Kentucky, USA, land of Bluegrass and horses..... :D

Gonzalo G 8th September 2008 02:01 PM

I like bluegrass music.......

blacklacrau 8th September 2008 04:01 PM

Blacklacrau (black scorpion) from Portugal...South Portugal, Évora.
(Boa tarde Fernando) :D

Rick 8th September 2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

I like bluegrass music.......

Flatt and Scruggs forever !! :cool:

Gonzalo, do you have the 'Will The Circle ....) series produced by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band ?
Great stuff; legendary musicians .

My coordinates are listed under my avatar . ;) :D
Where's Waldo . ;)

Flavio 8th September 2008 04:18 PM

I have update my avatar, you're right guys!! :D :)

sabertasche 8th September 2008 04:27 PM

Canada! Home of the beavers!!!!!

Greg

Robert 8th September 2008 05:59 PM

Kansas, The Land of OZ!! :D

pakana 8th September 2008 06:03 PM

Greece, the Land of Gods!

kronckew 8th September 2008 07:06 PM

i'm an alabaman transplanted to the UK.

Norman McCormick 8th September 2008 07:31 PM

Skotland, Schotland, Skotlandi, Ecosse, Scozia, Sukottorando, Escocia, Skottland, Skotia, Schottland, Iskocya, Skotlandia, Szkocja otherwise known as SCOTLAND the source of the 'Water of Life'.
Regards,
Norman
P.S. To those I've missed out my apologies, either I've not got the correct characters or, as we're a wee country, there isn't a suitable translation. :o

Norman McCormick 8th September 2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabertasche
Canada! Home of the beavers!!!!!

Greg

Lucky You :D :D :D

kahnjar1 8th September 2008 07:38 PM

YES THAT IS WHAT I MEANT!!

Quote:

Regards

Thanks Gonzalo and Fernando. You appear to be the only 2 replies so far who have actually READ my post. :)
My intention was to have the Country SHOWN below the Avatar/Username, as a REQUIRED part of the Member Profile rather than to start a "memory test".
Stu

Rick 8th September 2008 07:47 PM

Wet Blankie

Stu , as much as some crave to know the location of other members, there are those who may not wish to share their location for privacy reasons .

This is why it's not required to have a real name or post your real location on the Vikingsword forums .

Be assured though ..........
The Moderators know . :eek: :eek:

Muahahahaha .... ;) :D :D

Maurice 8th September 2008 09:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick
Stu , as much as some crave to know the location of other members, there are those who may not wish to share their location for privacy reasons .

Well, let me put it this way!
My name is not a nickname and my real name and I live in Brunssum, a little city in the netherlands.

The only thing that I am able to mention it is because of my Denzel.
you wanna steel my bosses swordtoys?........Make my day!

(And if you are able to overwin my Denzel, there will be still my wife to defeat......:D :D ....And trust me.....you can't.:)

Rick 8th September 2008 10:32 PM

Nice doggie .

Anyway, that's how it is .. :shrug:

fernando 8th September 2008 11:03 PM

[QUOTE=Rick] ... as much as some crave to know the location of other members, there are those who may not wish to share their location for privacy reasons .[QUOTE]

I have to review my sense of privacy, for i crave to tell ( not necessarily share :rolleyes: ) where i come from :confused: :eek:

fernando 8th September 2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacklacrau
Blacklacrau (black scorpion) from Portugal...South Portugal, Évora.
(Boa tarde Fernando) :D

Olá Blacklacrau.
I have just passed through Évora, on my way to Algarve, for a week vacations.
Beautyfull place, Évora.
Fernando