Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Forum Problem (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10988)

Spunjer 28th October 2009 05:59 PM

Forum Problem

anyone else having problem with the site???

Norman McCormick 28th October 2009 06:30 PM

Hi,
Yes, last couple of days sometimes I get access sometimes error message appears.
Regards,
Norman.

Rick 28th October 2009 06:59 PM

Yep !
Same here .
I have notified Lee about the sporadic outages .
Nuttin' I can do . :shrug:

Are you all getting the internal server message ?

Battara 28th October 2009 07:07 PM

I was getting this. Oriental arms is getting similar problems.

kronckew 28th October 2009 07:08 PM

yes, internal server error, this is the first time today i've gotten on. similar troubles yesterday.

Sajen 28th October 2009 08:30 PM

Since 3 days I have the same problem, now I am able to enter after 10 trials.

Atlantia 28th October 2009 09:33 PM

Yup, internal server message. Last couple of days. Other sites (according to mrs) affected too.

Rick 28th October 2009 10:40 PM

This is the only site that has been giving me problems . :shrug:

Dom 29th October 2009 12:26 AM

dito, here with me :(

Spunjer 29th October 2009 01:05 AM

whew! I thought it was my "funny" pics collection that was doing it ;)
yeah I'm getting the same message...

Lee 29th October 2009 03:03 AM

Patchy Service

Sorry all. I have no idea of what is going on. Presumably they are working on the webserver at the web hosting service, as I have made no settings changes recently.

kahnjar1 30th October 2009 07:21 AM

Yes same in NZ both myself and Illiad could not access.
Internal Server Error message
Regards Stuart

KuKulzA28 30th October 2009 07:53 AM

yup, had an "error 500" or somethin :shrug:

cornelistromp 30th October 2009 08:29 AM

same error 11/27 11/28 and 11/29 Here in Holland

br

kai 30th October 2009 09:56 AM

Hello Lee,

First of all, thanks for providing this site/forum and time you spend for maintenance work!

Quote:

Sorry all. I have no idea of what is going on. Presumably they are working on the webserver at the web hosting service, as I have made no settings changes recently.
Perhaps an "upgrade" to the forum software?

The main site is not affected, only the fora. The latter have been down for hours yesterday (possibly most of the day) and similar for the last week or so - certainly not any usual server downtime, especially since the main site doesn't exhibit any connectivity issues.

Regards,
Kai

Lee 30th October 2009 11:21 AM

Yes, I am expecting it is an issue with some defective patch to PHP or CGI or the like. Non-scripted services are unaffected. It is very frustrating as I am pretty much in the dark as to what is being done and when recovery is expected.

kahnjar1 30th October 2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kai
Hello Lee,

First of all, thanks for providing this site/forum and time you spend for maintenance work!

Perhaps an "upgrade" to the forum software?

The main site is not affected, only the fora. The latter have been down for hours yesterday (possibly most of the day) and similar for the last week or so - certainly not any usual server downtime, especially since the main site doesn't exhibit any connectivity issues.

Regards,
Kai

Re the above---the main site WAS affected here and showed same 500 Server Error.
Regards Stuart

Lee 31st October 2009 03:37 PM

Back to Normal... Maybe? ... Possibly?

Well, my fingers are crossed that our web hosting company has the server back to normal. I have not received any details about what the problem actually was. This site shares a server with probably several hundred if not thousand other sites and I suppose another possibility would be there may also have been some bad scripting somewhere crashing the script interpreter or something like that. When these outages occur, it almost always takes a few days for things to be cleared up; very frustrating during the time in the dark, but eventually the problems do get cleared up. A large 'bulk' provider like ours is not charging anywhere near enough to be providing 'concierge care,' but as a consolation, please keep in mind that the service is sufficiently inexpensive that there is no need to annoy you with advertising or whining for donations...

Norman McCormick 31st October 2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee
Well, my fingers are crossed that our web hosting company has the server back to normal. I have not received any details about what the problem actually was. This site shares a server with probably several hundred if not thousand other sites and I suppose another possibility would be there may also have been some bad scripting somewhere crashing the script interpreter or something like that. When these outages occur, it almost always takes a few days for things to be cleared up; very frustrating during the time in the dark, but eventually the problems do get cleared up. A large 'bulk' provider like ours is not charging anywhere near enough to be providing 'concierge care,' but as a consolation, please keep in mind that the service is sufficiently inexpensive that there is no need to annoy you with advertising or whining for donations...

Hi Lee,
Everything certainly appears to be back to normal so fingers crossed. I am absolutely sure the vast majority and certainly all who use the Forum regularly are mindful of the service provided and fully appreciate the facilities that are made available free of charge. In these days where financial gain appears to be the sole endeavor of many people it is most gratifying to be part of an enterprise where knowledge and a shared interest are the prime motivators.
My Regards,
Norman.

kahnjar1 31st October 2009 11:45 PM

OK here also

Sajen 1st November 2009 12:46 AM

No problems anymore! Thank you Lee for this great platform you have given to us!

sajen

mohd 1st November 2009 04:22 AM

I noticed the problem a couples of days ago :shrug:

All that while I thought the server was having some sort of a preventive maintenance or an upgrade :D

Now everything seems just fine :cool:

Mohd.