Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Antique weapon show in the U.S. (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19410)

Jazz 14th December 2014 05:32 PM

Antique weapon show in the U.S.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what are the biggest antique show in the U.S. in terms of ethnographic weapons that we all love to collect. I've heard of the Timonium show and the Vegas show. are there any other out there bigger than these two shows? Is it worth driving 5 hours to the Maryland show? I haven't been to any of them, and I would love to hear from members who has been to any of these shows.

RSWORD 14th December 2014 05:40 PM

Definitely worth a 5 hour drive to Timonium. You will find several dealers that specialize in ethnographic weapons.

VANDOO 14th December 2014 05:48 PM

A 5 HOUR DRIVE TO TIMONIUM WOULD BE WELL REPAID AS THE SHOW IS REGULATED AND ONLY ANTIQUE ARMS AND RELATED ARE ALLOWED. THERE ARE NO NEW WEAPONS, JEWELRY OR KITSCH AND QUITE A LOT OF ANTIQUE WEAPONS MANY BEING FIRST CLASS BUT SOME CHEAPER ONES FOR THOSE OF US WITHOUT DEEP POCKETS AS WELL. LOTS OF GOOD DISPLAYS OF WEAPONS FROM DIFFERENT PERIODS BY GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALS AND THERE IS AN ARMS AUCTION SATURDAY NIGHT. A GOOD CHANCE TO MEET AND VISIT WITH SEVERAL FORUM MEMBERS EVEN IF WE ARE NOT HAVING A DINNER AND PRESENTATIONS.
THERE ARE SEVERAL ETHNOGRAPHIC ART SHOWS IN SANTA FE NEW MEXICO IN AUGUST THAT USUALLY HAVE QUITE A FEW ETHNOGRAPHIC WEAPONS AS WELL.

Jazz 15th December 2014 03:55 AM

Does Timonium get pretty crowded? I was just wondering if it pays getting there the day before so I can be there first thing in the morning. Thank you!

VANDOO 15th December 2014 05:41 AM

THE LINE IS USUALLY LONG AND PARKING CAN BE A PROBLEM IF ONE IS NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE AREA. THERE IS A LOT TO SEE SO ITS NOT JUST A WALK THRU SHOW BUT WILL TAKE MOST OF THE DAY. THE AUCTION IS SATURDAY NIGHT IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND THAT I AM NOT SURE WHAT HOURS ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW THE ITEMS.

Oliver Pinchot 19th December 2014 09:24 PM

I would just add that getting hotel accommodations is also very difficult for that weekend, and should be done earlier rather than later.

Rick 20th December 2014 12:16 AM

Some interesting things have been found at Brimfield MA; but you would have to 'winnow the grain' because it is a general focus Flea Mkt. rather than weapons specific and is quite large/huge . :eek:
Still .
There's something to be said for scoring a bargain where knowledge is power . ;)

Jazz 12th March 2015 08:45 PM

Well, it looks like Timonium is around the corner. Anyone going? :)

Battara 13th March 2015 12:55 AM

Well, I am, Spunger, Rsword, and CharlesS among others.........

Jeff D 13th March 2015 05:31 AM

Again all the cool kids will be there. One of these days I will join U all. :)

Jeff

Tim Simmons 13th March 2015 11:04 AM

Just make sure you let your Mums know when you will be back, its a long way to peddle on the sidewalk.

CharlesS 13th March 2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff D
Again all the cool kids will be there. One of these days I will join U all. :)

Jeff

Happy to be a "cool kid".....maybe the first time I have been one!! :D

RSWORD 13th March 2015 11:33 AM

Charles "Cool Kid" S and myself are at table L-29. Anyone visiting the show please stop by and say hello.

Jeff D 13th March 2015 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSWORD
Charles "Cool Kid" S and myself are at table L-29. Anyone visiting the show please stop by and say hello.

Charles "Cool Kid" S. I like it! :D

Jeff

CharlesS 13th March 2015 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff D
Charles "Cool Kid" S. I like it! :D

Jeff

Me too!!! :p

Jazz 13th March 2015 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSWORD

hope to see you guys there! and am also hoping to see a lot of southeast Asian stuff!

Battara 13th March 2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazz
hope to see you guys there! and am also hoping to see a lot of southeast Asian stuff!

To quote the great didactic poet Sarah Palin once said, " You be'tcha!" :D

rand 15th March 2015 06:13 PM

Timonium

Am planning on attending the Baltimore show and looking forward to seeing fellow collectors again.

drac2k 20th March 2015 10:30 AM

OFF TO BALTIMORE !

Gehazi 20th March 2015 07:06 PM

man if I was not tapped to the gills I would pack up and go ! -- as it is I plan on seeing you guys next year at this time for my first ever visit to timonium, and I shall come with a fist full of dollars!

please post pictures of the show and share your experience when you guys get back!!! for those of us who can't go!

Jazz 22nd March 2015 01:06 PM

Not a bad show from what I've seen yesterday. I've never seen so many ethnographic stuff in one place. There was a table on row L and almost three tables on row S. I ended up spending the money i brought for the auction on these tables since they have way better selections. This show was definitely worth it!