Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New member (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15450)

Kipinga50 21st April 2012 09:44 AM

Hello everyone,
I'm new on this forum and thank you for welcome me, I write English with translation software. I know it is rare for a woman collects weapons, but I'm in love with African art in general, and particularly African weapons, which does not prevent me from collecting other weapons ethnological.
The collection is an incurable disease, when you start, it never stops.
Maria Filomena

David 21st April 2012 05:18 PM

You hear that boys? So stop yer cussin' and behave yourselves! There is a lady in the house! :D
Welcome to the forum Maria. While women do seem less likely to be drawn to weapons collection i have know a few who join you in their enthusiasm. African is not my thing in terms of collecting, but i have always appreciated it on form alone and look forward to seeing some of your collections. :)

Kipinga50 21st April 2012 06:39 PM

Show

1 Attachment(s)
Just to show you some pieces found on the net. Here are four of my babies.

One throwing knife Banda, one Mangbetu knife, one Gbaya knife and my Fang with cooper and silver thread.

Sajen 21st April 2012 08:48 PM

Hello Maria,

a warm welcome from me as well!

Nice african knifes you have there, not my area of collecting but I like them!

Regards,

Detlef

A.alnakkas 21st April 2012 08:51 PM

Welcome Maria!

Beautiful collection, I really like the 2 on the right!

Would love to see your whole collection :-)

kahnjar1 21st April 2012 09:46 PM

Welcome

Hi Maria.
Welcome to the Forum and I hope it is as rewarding for you as it has been for me. Our collecting is varied, but it is interesting to see and learn about weapons other than our own.
Regards Stuart

Kipinga50 21st April 2012 09:51 PM

Thank you all, but my collection is very small, I will show other paries of my collection in Threat future.

trenchwarfare 22nd April 2012 03:30 AM

Welcome aboard, Maria. Very nice pieces, and nicely photographed. I could so collect African blades. But alas, eight collections is enough. Or, is it nine or... Yes, I have severe, cronic, collector's A.D.D..

Gavin Nugent 22nd April 2012 07:39 AM

Welcome

As those before me have said, welcome Maria!

Very nice to see a lady collector within these pages and a mighty fine start with those 4 very fine African knives, I too look forward to seeing more.

Gav

Tim Simmons 22nd April 2012 08:56 AM

Great! Taking my que from Cary Grant to Kathrine Hepburn in "Bring up Baby" Barzil where the clubs {nuts} come from. You can PM me. This site really helps.

Ferguson 22nd April 2012 11:38 AM

Welcome! Very beautiful pieces.

Steve Ferguson

Nathaniel 22nd April 2012 04:20 PM

Welcome Maria! Always good to have new blood in the forum! Thank you for sharing your interests! I'm sure as you know there are a few others that are interested in your same area. It will be great to have your contributions to the forum. A great place to share information and learn allot. Thanks for joining and sharing your bladed beauties!

Robert 23rd April 2012 12:11 AM

Hello Maria and welcome to the forum !!! It's always great when someone new joins our little group and it is especially nice when they post new pictures of such great looking sharp pointy items such as yours. Thou I only collect Philippine weapons I am truly looking forward to your next posting of more items from your collection of African weapons.

Best Regards
Robert

VANDOO 23rd April 2012 03:44 AM

WELCOME TO THE FORUM AND CONGRADULATIONS ON SOME VERY GOOD QUALITY ITEMS.
MY COLLECTION IS A MIX OF GOOD QUALITY TO LOW QUALITY ITEMS. PERHAPS I DON'T FOLLOW THE WISEST RULES OF COLLECTING BUT I ENJOY THEM ALL ESPECAILY THE RARE SUPER DEAL ON A TOP QUALITY ITEM. BUT I OFTEN HAVE TO SETTLE FOR LOWER QUALITY TO KEEP THE ADDICTION FED. :D
AFRICA IS A VERY LARGE FIELD TO COLLECT IN BUT THE FORUM OFTEN TEMPTS US TO EXPAND INTO OTHER REALMS SO BEWARE :eek:

fernando 23rd April 2012 09:58 AM

Welcome to the Forum Filomena.
Greetings to São Vicente. :)

Benvinda ao Forum, Filomena.
São Vicente é a ilha onde a minha mulher nasceu.

regihis 10th May 2012 05:11 AM

wonderful!! its my impression or really have a falic design?

VANDOO 10th May 2012 06:42 PM

IF YOU REFER TO THE THROWING KNIFE :confused: AS IT BELONGS TO A LADY IT MUST BE A HEART DESIGN. :) ONLY THE GUYS WOULD WANT IT TO REPRESENT THE PHALLIC DESIGN. :rolleyes: EITHER WAY IT IS AN UNUSUAL FORM.

Kipinga50 10th May 2012 08:48 PM

Hi Vandoo, thanks, but I agree Regihis , the phalus appears very often in African culture, whether in this type of throwing knife well as many sculptures.

Dom 10th May 2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kipinga50
I'm new on this forum and thank you for welcome me

Hi Maria
I'm deeply confused :o
I missed to all my duties as a man :eek:
a charming woman introducing herself, I haven't responded,
please accept my sincere apologies :o
your fields of interest it's little bit far from mine, nevertheless,
I may appreciated a nice weapons, and what you show, is impressive
expecting may be some more pics, please agree my best regards

WELCOME ON BOARD :p

à +

Dom

Kipinga50 11th May 2012 06:32 PM

Thank you Dom, I will showing my news toy next monday.

Lew 3rd December 2012 04:26 AM

Thread is closed.