Modern PH blades and how to find them
Greetings everyone. I was trying to find the thread related to a similar topic but it was eluding me, so I'm starting this new one instead.
I'm sharing modern-made Filipino traditional blades. All these blades are locally sourced; the only one doing international shipping is the Ilocano seller. classification proceeds thus:
[source town] + [blade name]. [area cluster]. [maker/seller].
Hopefully anyone interested in modern stuff would acquire blades in the future (and thus help our pandays). All of the sellers can be found online on Facebook.
1. Sibalom talibong. Panay island. Alagos Blacksmith.
2. Carigara sansibar. Leyte province. De Taklus.
3. Santa ganado. Ilocos Sur province. Ilocano Traditional Blades.
4. Tanay itak. Rizal province. (private seller, PM me for inquiries).
5. Tipo-tipo pira. Basilan province. Mindanao Traditional Blade and Textile.
6. Barung. Basilan province. Mindanao Traditional Blade and Textile.
7. Sundang. Zamboanga province. (private seller, PM me for inquiries).
Note: these blades are already sold (they're mine). So technically this isn't a selling post, more of an appreciation / FYI for prospective patrons in the future. Thanks for your interest =)
I think we should probably move these over to Swap where people interested in purchasing them will most likely find them. Interesting examples of modern Filipino blades, and they appear to be well made too. Good reference material for contemporary Filipino blades.
Yup Ian, thanks much =) hope you're doing fine!
|All times are GMT. The time now is 09:45 PM.|
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.