Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Stolen Weapons Alert (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20671)

Battara 1st May 2013 07:16 PM

!STOLEN WEAPONS ALERT!

6 Attachment(s)
Greetings friends,

My house was broken into this past Monday. They looked through the house, trashed the doors, got 2 of my rings, and worse, a chunk of my weaponry collection.

I am missing:

2 gunongs - silver
2 kris with swassa (one with ivory pommel and one with MOP)
1 kris - 1700s and silver
1 barong - ivory and swassa
1 yataghan - Balkan in silver with coral and glass
1 Mandaya sword in silver
1 jambiya - Kurdish in silver
1 jambiya - Turkish with walrus ivory and silver
1 PI dagger - leather and brass scabbard, silver quillons in fern motif
1 PI dagger - Katipunan with sun face and "FG" engraving
1 panabas - double edged with 3 white metal bands and a scabbard

Please look at the pictures and keep on the look out.

My email is battara@hotmail.com if you find any of these.

Thank you.

Battara 1st May 2013 07:18 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Other items taken:

VVV 1st May 2013 07:28 PM

Jose, I am so sorry to read about your misfortune.
In case they try to sell your blades here in Europe I will probably notice it and contact you directly.

Michael

David 1st May 2013 07:42 PM

This is every collectors nightmare. Considering what he took he must have some market in mind for these. With vigilance we may well catch the bastard. :mad:

kino 1st May 2013 09:29 PM

What a gut wrencher. I pray it gets recovered.
I'll keep my eyes open.

Maurice 1st May 2013 10:47 PM

I'm sorry to hear this Jose!
It will be hard to sell for them, as we're all be watching out for your stolen pieces..

Maurice

A. G. Maisey 1st May 2013 11:23 PM

My most sincere sympathy for your sad loss, may it be only temporary, and may the mongrels who carried out this theft burn in the fires of Hell forever.

Nathaniel 1st May 2013 11:57 PM

Wow, Jose! :eek: That is just sickening! :( You've given us all now nightmares of our own! Well, here is hoping for a speedy and fully recovery! Little do the bastards know that you have the help of an international network of friends to dragnet! Hopefully it's just a matter of time before these hot items s pop up and we can catch them! I agree with Alan...there should be a special place in Hell for this types of heinous crimes! :mad:

VANDOO 2nd May 2013 01:16 AM

JOSE I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS TYPE NEWS. :( IT IS AS MENTIONED ANY COLLECTORS NIGHTMARE. PEOPLE WHO DO THIS SORT OF THING ARE OFTEN YOUNG AND IGNORANT AND ALWAYS GET CAUGHT IN THE END BUT THE DAMMAGE THEY DO IS OFTEN BEYOND REPAIR NO MATTER THEIR PUNISHMENT. I WOULD WATCH YOUR PLACE OR HAVE SOMEONE KEEP CLOSE WATCH AS THESE TYPES OFTEN REMEMBER SOMETHING THEY DIDN'T GET AND RETURN SO BE PREPAIRED. I WILL KEEP WATCH FOR YOUR ITEMS IF THEY SHOW UP FOR SALE IN THE PLACES I LOOK.
GOOD LUCK AND MAY YOUR TREASURES RETURN TO YOU SOON AND LEAVE THE CROOKS WITH NOTHING BUT BAD LUCK AND LONG SENTENCES. " I WILL TRY THIS OLD WELSH GEAS ON THEM AND HOPE IT STRIKES THEM HARD AND SOON"

Berkley 2nd May 2013 01:36 AM

Really sorry to hear of this. I know firsthand the feeling of violation that comes from discovering your home breached, your irreplaceable treasures missing, and your sense of security shaken. I hope the authorities are able to help.
I posted a link to this thread on IKRHS so that as wide an audience of collectors as possible can keep their eyes open.

KuKulzA28 2nd May 2013 02:32 AM

thats awful

I'll keep my eyes on eBay... hope the police can catch them before the swords even hit the market

Robert 2nd May 2013 02:36 AM

Jose, I am so sorry to hear what has happened to you. I will do my best to help in any way that I can in the return of your missing items. I would imagine that these items will either show up at a local pawn shop near you or on Epray sometime in the near future. This is the one thing that I worry about the most every time we leave the house, hence the watch dogs.

Robert

Battara 2nd May 2013 04:36 AM

Thank you so much folks! I deeply appreciate your support.! :)

kai 2nd May 2013 07:17 AM

Hello Jose,

That is really sad. Of course, I'll also keep my eyes open for your pieces.

Maybe you also want to post pics of the blades for those only shown sheathed?

I'd also suggest that you contact any weapon/ethnographic dealers out there since not all will regularly frequent this forum.

Keep the hopes up! I seem to remember at least one case where stolen antique blades got recovered.

Regards,
Kai

BANTARU 2nd May 2013 07:37 AM

terrible. theres just no other words.

ill keep a lookout. :(

Iain 2nd May 2013 09:16 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about this and will certainly keep my eyes open. As others have said there are not a huge number of outlets for this sort of material so hopefully there is a good chance for recovery.

Ferguson 2nd May 2013 10:04 AM

Jose, I am so sorry. We will all keep an eye out.
Steve

CutlassCollector 2nd May 2013 10:48 AM

Yes, sorry to hear this, worst nightmare is right. No insurance pay out can cover this sort of loss. Perhaps a reminder to us all to keep good photographic records as these will surely help any recovery.
Hope yours are recovered soon. CC

Spunjer 2nd May 2013 12:14 PM

again, very sorry to hear this, Jose. for those of you in surrounding states (Kentucky) i would advice to check the gunshows as well..

Mytribalworld 2nd May 2013 12:30 PM

Hi José,

Enourmous sad news.... but I have strongly the hope that sooner or later these items will dive up as the group of collectors even worldwide is quite small and the items are quite recognizable.

of course we as dealers can look out for them, it is for me even possible to pay attention to it in my newsletter if you want.

Keep hope,

Arjan

Nonoy Tan 2nd May 2013 01:29 PM

Very heartbreaking :( I hope that they turn up somewhere and get returned to you.

Nonoy

laEspadaAncha 2nd May 2013 05:06 PM

Hi Jose,

Add me to the list of those sorry to hear of the break-in and theft. Fortunately, there are enough forumates around here that should your weaps come up for sale, there is a fair chance one of us will spot it. Here's to hoping the theiving bastards are caught and your items returned safe and sound... and that once they're caught, they can kris their freedom goodbye because they'll be gunong for a loooong time.

CharlesS 2nd May 2013 06:14 PM

Battara and I have already talked about this personally. This is every collector's nightmare. Especially knowing Jose, I know he worked very hard for his collection, and know of very few others more spiritually "connected" to their collection. Many of the pieces he lost are pieces he had put countless hours into restoring.

It is a tragedy that can't be rectified soon enough for me.

Sajen 2nd May 2013 08:56 PM

Hello Jose,

I am very sorry to read about your bad luck and of course I will keep my eyes open for your items. And I will send this link to a friend collector who visit the forum only sporadic and as well to a chummily dealer of ethnograhic items here in Germany that they will be informed as well.

Best regards,

Detlef

manteris1 3rd May 2013 05:30 PM

i am so sorry, i'll be watching.................jimmy

RSWORD 3rd May 2013 11:15 PM

For those of us that have had the pleasure of visiting Jose and seeing his collection it almost feels like a piece of our collection is gone as well. They damage you they damage us brother. I'm pleased we have many eyes "on the ground" and I have a deep in the gut feeling some things will find their way back home!

ward 4th May 2013 01:23 AM

Jose we are very sorry to hear about this. We'll keep our eyes peeled in the Southwest.

Ward

fernando 4th May 2013 12:53 PM

I am very sorry for you having been through such terrible episode, José.
Besides the painful loss, i can imagine that one must endure for a long while a bitter state of vulnerability towards his home invasion.

ariel 4th May 2013 02:28 PM

Jose,
Sorry to hear that.

I shall keep my eyes peeled on e-bay.

christek 5th May 2013 11:55 AM

Hi Jose,

So sorry for your loss, a terrible scenario! :mad:

Like others, I too will keep a keen eye out for your items on Ebay and other antique weapon websites. All the best.

Kind regards,
Chris