Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A Good Friend Asks for Prayers (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21127)

CharlesS 23rd February 2016 03:36 PM

A Good Friend Asks for Prayers

Any of you that are regulars at the Baltimore show have almost certainly met Tom and Urszula Kaczor. Originally from Poland, they now reside in Canada where Tom does incredible restoration work, specializing in Polish, Ottoman, and Persian restorations.

Finding them in Baltimore is always easy...their laughter, and Urszula's contagious smile is like a beacon! They loved meeting new collectors and making new friends.

Urszula battled cancer a few years ago, and last year thought she had it whipped, but it has resurfaced this year, meaning more agonizing radiation therapy and chemo.

As a result neither she nor Tom will be able to make this year's Baltimore show, but she does ask for the prayers of the many friends they made there.

Thanks for your attention.
Charles Saunders

Green 23rd February 2016 04:24 PM

My prayers to Urszula and hope she gets better Inshaallah (god willing).

Oliver Pinchot 23rd February 2016 04:58 PM

Warm wishes for a speedy recovery to longtime friends Tomek and Ula!

VANDOO 23rd February 2016 05:17 PM

MY PRAYERS FOR THE STRENGTH TO WIN THE BATTLE TOTALLY THIS TIME AND A RETURN TO BALTIMORE NEXT YEAR. BEST WISHES

digenis 23rd February 2016 06:47 PM

My prayers for the speedy recovery of Urszula and for strength for Tom and the family.

Battara 23rd February 2016 07:54 PM

May the Great Spirit walk beside them both!

ariel 23rd February 2016 10:46 PM

They are lovely people both of them, and I wish Urszula full, speedy and complete recovery.

G-d bless their family!

Jeff D 24th February 2016 10:30 PM

I know Tom's work, unfortunately I haven't met them yet. I send all my best wishes.

Jeff

Maurice 25th February 2016 10:12 AM

Many strength and love in these hard days!

CharlesS 21st May 2016 12:18 AM

Friends,

It is with great sadness that I convey to you the news of Urszula Kaczor's passing this past Thursday. Urszula declined rapidly after a reemergence of cancer that she hoped she had beaten.

For those of you that met she and Tom at the Baltimore show, you will no doubt remember her huge, kind smile, and what an easy person she was to like. I met her only once a year for 13 years, but felt like the two of them were lifelong friends. Her girlish teasing with Tom always made me laugh.

Her presence in Baltimore will be much missed.

With sorrow,
Charles

Sajen 21st May 2016 11:03 AM

My deepest condolences to her husband and family.

ariel 21st May 2016 12:37 PM

I tried to send a note to Tom, but the e-mail address ( Tomkaczor@sympatico.ca) was not working.
If anybody knows the current one, please let me know.