Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Birthday wishes (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12387)

Gavin Nugent 16th August 2010 06:44 PM

Birthday wishes

My best wishes to Jim the 'Google' McDougall for his B'day today, another milestone year!!

Please join me in wishing Jim the best for the new year ahead of him, he is certainly a major pillar within the community.

Best wishes Jim!

Gav

TVV 16th August 2010 07:23 PM

Happy Birthday Jim, best wishes from me as well! I have always admired how your enthusiasm for antique arms and armor seems to grow with time, and I hope you are a fixture of this forum for many, many, many years to come!

Teodor

RSWORD 16th August 2010 08:00 PM

Jim,

The last time I saw you, you didn't look at day over 35! RV living must be good for you! :D

Happy Birthday!

Maurice 16th August 2010 08:11 PM

Congratulations Jim,

And may a lot of healthy and happy years will follow!

Maurice

kahnjar1 16th August 2010 08:12 PM

Another one so soon!!!!!!!!! All the best Jim.
Regards Stuart

Emanuel 16th August 2010 08:28 PM

Happy birthday Jim!
You're an inspiration for us younger pups to to keep the passion going for many decades to come for this odd obsession of ours :)

All the best and drive safe!

fearn 16th August 2010 08:40 PM

I've got to keep track of these things! Bon Anniversaire Jim. Another year better!

Best,

F

ariel 16th August 2010 10:42 PM

Dear Jim,
Happy Birthday! And, as they say in Hebrew, Ad Mea Ve'esrim: Till Hundred and Twenty!

CourseEight 16th August 2010 11:26 PM

Happy Birthday Jim! If I one day reach half your level of knowledge I'll consider myself blessed!

Best regards,
Radleigh

Rick 16th August 2010 11:32 PM

The Taproot

You hoary old book of knowledge, you . ;) :D :D

Geev' um !

katana 16th August 2010 11:47 PM

Hi Jim,
many happy returns my friend :) and may you have many....many more.

......and a BIG thank you .... for all your helpful advice and information posted on the forum :cool:

Kindest Regards David

laEspadaAncha 17th August 2010 12:20 AM

Feliz Cumpleaños vato viejo! ;)

This glorified retired ramp rat made me feel All Too Welcome here at the forum even though I had only posted a handful of times... Every post Jim throws up is thoughtful, positive, and never fails to contribute is some way to the thread in question. Jim, IMO, not only represents the best of VS, but provides a consummate example of the level of etiquette every forumite on the interwebs should strive to achieve. Thank you, Jim, for making me feel welcome, for encouraging myself and others like me to add our $.02 even when it's only worth a penny, and for never hesitating to share your knowledge. Good on ya.

I only wish you and your Rolling Box were somewhere in the neighborhood so I could tip one back with you... :)

lionzden 17th August 2010 12:56 AM

Happy Birthday Jim!

Keep inspiring :)

Dmitry 17th August 2010 01:19 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Nathaniel 17th August 2010 02:13 AM

We all raise a glass! Cheers, Jim :D

Battara 17th August 2010 03:38 AM

Jim,

Since someone beat me to the Spanish, I'll say it in German and American Sign Language:

Froliche Geburstag!

(sign, sign, sign)

Jim McDougall 17th August 2010 04:16 AM

Thank you so much Gav and everybody!!!!:)
It would take more than one of my Tolstoyean 'and then the earth cooled' posts to come close to thanking you all for this and the kindnesses you afford me all the time. Actually it is you guys who inspire me, and are all the reasons why I am always digging up all I can on everything.....its how I learn, and fun to do so with all of you. Actually, we're all a heck of a team, so thank you for the kind words, the great talks and wonderful friendship.
You guys are the best!!!!!!! :)

Tatyana Dianova 17th August 2010 07:27 AM

Happy birthday Jim!
I wish you all the best on your life- and country trip!
Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us!!!

Martin Lubojacky 17th August 2010 09:29 AM

Happy birthday Jim, I wish you especially strong health ! (As we say here - hlavne dobre zdravi !). I hope the celebration was colossal
Regards,
Martin

kronckew 17th August 2010 09:51 AM

a belated happy birthday, jim....

all the best.

wayne

RDGAC 17th August 2010 10:13 AM

Just my twopenn'orth: Another belated happy birthday, Jim! And thanks for always being ready to make a young Turk with precisely no knowledge of anything much feel right at home, hugely helpful and able to spout knowledge to a degree that'd be sickening if it weren't so damned useful and delivered with such easy pleasantness. Many happy returns!

fernando 17th August 2010 10:26 AM

A happy birthday to you in portuguese

PARABENS P'RA VOCÊ,
NESTE DIA QUERIDO,
MUITAS FELICIDADES,
MUITOS ANOS DE VIDA

... and that our wifes never become widow :eek: :eek: :eek:

'Nando

David 17th August 2010 01:06 PM

Just keep finding new things to learn Jim....it's the trick to a long and interesting life. ;)
Happy Birthday! :)

M ELEY 17th August 2010 03:48 PM

Opps!! I'm gone for a few days and a whole year (and birthday!) flies by. Sorry I'm late wishing you and your family the best! Happy birthday, Jim.

Or, as they say at sea, "Hazzah Cap'n" ;)

Mark

Jim McDougall 17th August 2010 07:14 PM

Well, in a rare occurence, I have few words that can possibly thank you all enough!!!:)
Only a very heartfelt thank you!!! and the kind words you have all said mean more than you can imagine.

As always,
Jim

olikara 17th August 2010 07:43 PM

Jim,
Have a great time ahead.

God Bless,
Nidhi

Atlantia 17th August 2010 08:05 PM

Many happy returns mate :)

Jens Nordlunde 17th August 2010 09:37 PM

All right Jim, I will also on the forum wish you must have a great day.
Remember that it is another year till you are 66.
Jens :-)

Lew 17th August 2010 10:40 PM

Old Guys Rule! Happy Birthday Jim. :D

ericlaude 17th August 2010 11:10 PM

Happy birthday Jim , All the best for you.
Eric