Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hacked? (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21124)

Gavin Nugent 23rd February 2016 04:07 AM

Hacked?

1 Attachment(s)
I do not know what the Google warning is for as the site still shows as safe but there is a hacked warning...please delete as required when investigated.

Gavin

Rich 23rd February 2016 12:58 PM

According to Total Virus, this site is clean as of 7:57 AM. 2/23/16.
Doesn't mean it hasn't been hacked, just no viruses found.
Rich

Rick 23rd February 2016 04:08 PM

Gav, I don't know if this means anything but check the spelling of medieval which you have circled in your post. I can't find any categories spelled that way on the site for whatever that is worth. :shrug:

David 23rd February 2016 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When you google "vikingsword" the site shows up three different ways. Is anyone brave enough to click on the one in the middle to see where it takes you? I have not yet. :o ;) :)

fernando 23rd February 2016 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick
Gav, I don't know if this means anything but check the spelling of medieval which you have circled in your post. I can't find any categories spelled that way on the site for whatever that is worth. :shrug:

That happens when you don't have the right letter in your keyboard.

A. G. Maisey 23rd February 2016 07:58 PM

If you follow the google info link you get this:-

"This site may be hacked" message

You'll see the message "This site may be hacked" when we believe a hacker might have changed some of the existing pages on the site or added new spam pages. If you visit the site, you could be redirected to spam or malware.
What to do when you see this message

We recommend that you don't visit the website until this message disappears from the search result.
Remove this message from your site

The "This site may be hacked" notification won't be removed until the webmaster of the site takes action.

Try these steps to fix your website:

Register and verify your site in Google’s Search Console.
Sign in to Search Console and check the "Security Issues" section to see details of sample URLs that might be hacked. Fix the security issue that allowed your website to be infected. Otherwise, your site is likely to be reinfected.
Read our resources for hacked sites for detailed information on how to fix your website.
Request a review in the Security Issues section in Search Console when your entire website is clean and secure. After we check that your site is fixed, we'll remove the "This site may be hacked" message.

Need more help? Post a question in the product forum where some Search Console experts can help you.
Share this:
hc_author_ashley

Ashley is a Search expert and the author of this page. Leave her feedback below about how to improve it.
Was this article helpful?
Spam

Remove pop-ups, redirects, and other malware
"This site may be hacked" message
"This site may harm your computer" notification
Prevent & report phishing attacks
Report spam
Report suspicious redirects

©2016 Google Privacy Policy Terms of Service

Regarding the spelling:- MEDIAEVAL.

this is the principal English spelling, MEDIEVAL is a later alternative spelling, mostly found in American English.(Oxford)

In Standard English, the pronunciation of this word is dependent upon the use of a dipthong, or "gliding vowel", thus the more correct spelling for Standard English speakers uses the "ae" dipthong.

It seems to me that these days probably only academics stay with the "ae" spelling, and the common pronunciation appears to be "medy-evil"

Ian 24th February 2016 02:06 PM

Gavin:

There was a time in the dim past when the forum was hacked. This was on the old UBB web site (which was repaired and can still be searched in the Archives). The host server was compromised, as I recall, and Vikingsword's files were overwritten with jibberish. It was a nightmare for Lee but fortunately the data were backed up and Lee has restored much of the old site. I suspect that the Google comment refers back to that episode, which occurred IIRC about 15 years ago. It seems that Google never forgets.

Ian.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin Nugent
I do not know what the Google warning is for as the site still shows as safe but there is a hacked warning...please delete as required when investigated.

Gavin

Lee 24th February 2016 03:29 PM

A Few Hundred Eyes are Better than Two

If any member actually encounters any page that is part of this site with suspicious material, please report it here. This site is maintained on a 'shared' server and that may sometimes result in 'blacklisting' when there is malfeasance on any of the sites hosted on that server. Similarly, this site is blocked by some shabbily coded 'net nanny' software because of the presence of the word 'weapon.'