Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LONDON CALLING (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=945)

Rivkin 13th July 2005 10:24 PM

Dear Friends,

As many of you know I hold rather extreme views on islam and religions in genreal, in fact I'm somewhat of Ataturkist when it comes to this point.

Why am I saying this ? As many of you I feel the need to express my opinion, sometimes it almost wants to cry out from inside of me, but I believe that we all must hold it inside, and not to express anything like this on this forum, unless we want a really big fight. Not that this big fight would be a big thing, it's just there is so much else here to discuss.

Sincerely yours,

Kirill Rivkin

Andrew 13th July 2005 10:36 PM

Kirill's advice is good.

If we cannot keep this thread free of political or religious discussion, I will have to lock it.

This is definitely not something I want to do, as I think it is important to be able to discuss these things in our small (yet Global) community of ethnographic weapon enthusiasts. This thread is not strictly "on topic", but we are all human beings here. Let's please not stray into discussions which can only be divisive.

Thank you. :(

Mark 15th July 2005 01:33 PM

Perhaps to put a finer point on it: Completely apart from the well-established policies of this forum, it is just plain inappropriate to digress into controversy here. This thread was started to express our sorrow and the event, and condolences to our British friends (and all others) who are affected by it. This is not something that requires either political or religious editorializing, and the spirit of solidarity and compassion that has propted this thread requires that it be avoided at all costs. Out of respect for the victoms and their families, please exercise restraint.

B.I 15th July 2005 03:15 PM

it was the 2 minute silence yesterday, out of respect for those that died. i was walking along when everyone stepped out from their shops/offices and onto the streets of london to show their respect. it was very subdued, and when over, people just carried on with their lives, without saying a word to anyone.
this manner is very english and some people cannot understand or misinterperate it for something else.
in spain, they feel we should be grieving more openly and showing images of the carnage, and questioning our government for putting us in this position. this was thier way and not ours, but it doesnt mean we were any less effected by what happened.
as tim says, its business as usual and this is not a cold attitude, just one borne from not showing our weakness to others and ploughing on.
i am glad this post resisted opinions, as they were not needed nor asked for. all thoughts and wishes were greatly recieved.

Marc 16th July 2005 09:34 PM

Please, Brian, out of the deepest of respects, I would like to say something, if no one minds...

Don't let the words of a few mislead you. If there's anything that it's being felt in Spain regarding this situation, I can assure you that it's nothing else than the most heartfelt sympathy for the British people, and an overwhelming feeling of solidarity. I can assure you people here has suffered for and with London these days.
Our nations may have had their differences, from the distant and from the recent past. But that means nothing, now. When the madness strikes as it has done, in the hearth of our lands, with such blind hatred, there's nothing left but the shared pain, the shared horror... and the shared resolution to Carry On and Not Yielding.
Beyond frontiers, races and creeds, we let our hearts fly to our fellow Human Beings to share with them these moments.

No one has the right to tell anyone how one has to wear its Grieving. Everbody cries in its own way.

And all the rest is trying to stick politics where they don't belong.

P.D. If the moderators feel that this post in any way departs from the spirit of this thread, I beg you to delete it. And I mean it. Thank you.

Tim Simmons 16th July 2005 09:40 PM

I started this and have enjoyed all the support and thank everyone , who knows how may be next, world wide but can we bring it to an end and move on . Thanks Tim

Greyman 18th July 2005 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Simmons
I started this and have enjoyed all the support and thank everyone , who knows how may be next, world wide but can we bring it to an end and move on . Thanks Tim

Absolutely,all has been said,now for most of us should return,we are off to London to the V&A {One of my favourite places}, just a couple of days when we can moan about the condition of the pavements,cost of Taxi's & Hotels. Then off to Glasgow to stay with a collector/friend {Police Sgt} where we shall moan about the Sottish debate on edged weapons and cost of Whiskey...........
Beat that........ :)