Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BAD TIKI HAUNTED WAR CLUB (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=251)

VANDOO 2nd February 2005 07:22 PM

BAD TIKI HAUNTED WAR CLUB

A EBAY AUCTION JUST CLOSED FOR ITEM # 6507299674 DESCRIBED AS A MAORI WAR CLUB WITH BAD TIKI CURSE. :D IT HAS LOTS OF PROVENANCE WITH IT BUT STRANGELY IS NOT CONSISTANT WITH MAORI WORK BUT LOOKS LIKE SOLOMON ISLAND WORK. THE STORY OF THE CURSE IS ENJOYABLE AND ITS THE ONLY TYPE OF CLUB OTHER THAN THE ROLLING PIN THAT I HAVE EVER HEARD OF THAT CAUSED A DIVORCE :rolleyes: ENJOY!

Mark 2nd February 2005 10:31 PM

If they wanted to get rid of it so bad, why did they put a reserve on the auction? Great story, though.

BSMStar 2nd February 2005 10:37 PM

There's one every day! :D

Boswego 2nd February 2005 11:04 PM

My experience with a Bad Tiki Club.......

....I remember it well.It was a little joint off Figueroa and Sunset,I used to go there a lot in '56-'57.It was a little clip-joint called the 'Grass Hut'-the Bartenders wore bad Hawaiian Shirts (silkscreened in Tijuana).The booze was cut with methyl alcohol and the cocktail girl carried a sicialian switchblade in Her torpedo bra.The Tikis had been carved with a chainsaw by an out of work Logger-a lush who caged drinks and slept in an old boiler casing out back.Ah well,You know the rest of the story......

Rick 2nd February 2005 11:07 PM

This still doesn't beat the rolling head story .
A very good contender though . :D

"Look out Charlie !" :eek:

fearn 3rd February 2005 12:37 AM

"Rolling head story" What's the link to that one?

This club does look Melanesian, I'll agree. La Tourista style, I would guess

Thing is, when I was reading the story, I was thinking, "retired USAF in Amarillo Texas. Hmmm. Multiple divorces. Hmmmm. Things getting broken when a club is taken out to show friends. Hmmmmm."

Soooooo....I don't see where the curse comes in. That all seems pretty normal to me. :D

ROFL

F

Mark 3rd February 2005 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick
This still doesn't beat the rolling head story .
A very good contender though . :D

"Look out Charlie !" :eek:

Good job, Rick! I was wondering how to work in that one ... The Supreme Katana! ... no wait, the Suprene Kampilan! ... no ... The Supreme Tikki Haunted War Club!

Rick 3rd February 2005 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearn
"Rolling head story" What's the link to that one?

This club does look Melanesian, I'll agree. La Tourista style, I would guess

Thing is, when I was reading the story, I was thinking, "retired USAF in Amarillo Texas. Hmmm. Multiple divorces. Hmmmm. Things getting broken when a club is taken out to show friends. Hmmmmm."

Soooooo....I don't see where the curse comes in. That all seems pretty normal to me. :D

ROFL

F

Fearn , the reference is to an ebay auction a few years ago for a Moro kris .
http://www.vikingsword.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001008.html
You had to have been there . :D
A decapitated head spoke . LOL

derek 3rd February 2005 01:24 AM

This is Gold

Good pulp, man. Priceless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boswego
....I remember it well.It was a little joint off Figueroa and Sunset,I used to go there a lot in '56-'57.It was a little clip-joint called the 'Grass Hut'-the Bartenders wore bad Hawaiian Shirts (silkscreened in Tijuana).The booze was cut with methyl alcohol and the cocktail girl carried a sicialian switchblade in Her torpedo bra.The Tikis had been carved with a chainsaw by an out of work Logger-a lush who caged drinks and slept in an old boiler casing out back.Ah well,You know the rest of the story......

tom hyle 3rd February 2005 05:55 AM

How about the "King of the evil spirits"? #3778191375 Pricey, but it costs to be cursed in style :p

Naga Basuki 3rd February 2005 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VANDOO
A EBAY AUCTION JUST CLOSED FOR ITEM # 6507299674 DESCRIBED AS A MAORI WAR CLUB WITH BAD TIKI CURSE. :D IT HAS LOTS OF PROVENANCE WITH IT BUT STRANGELY IS NOT CONSISTANT WITH MAORI WORK BUT LOOKS LIKE SOLOMON ISLAND WORK. THE STORY OF THE CURSE IS ENJOYABLE AND ITS THE ONLY TYPE OF CLUB OTHER THAN THE ROLLING PIN THAT I HAVE EVER HEARD OF THAT CAUSED A DIVORCE :rolleyes: ENJOY!

Hell, where's the curse? :eek: Sounds like everyday life to me.

ariel 3rd February 2005 04:31 PM

Any divorce lawyers around? This thing can be a great marketing tool!