Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sad News (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16968)

Ferguson 18th March 2013 01:26 AM

Sad News

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you of the passing of our friend Lew Waldman.
During surgery to remove a brain tumor in mid February he suffered a severe stroke. He passed away either last night, or this morning.

He was a good friend. He will be missed.

Steve Ferguson

fearn 18th March 2013 01:35 AM

Sad to hear. I didn't know him personally, but I will miss his insightful comments.

F

Battara 18th March 2013 01:41 AM

That just makes me sick. :(

However, thank you for the update Steve. Brain surgery like that is always very risky.

We are all diminished by his passing. Our loss...........

Rick 18th March 2013 02:22 AM

Godspeed, Lew . :(

TVV 18th March 2013 02:27 AM

Very sad news, may Lew rest in peace. My condolences to everyone here who knew him personally.

Teodor

kino 18th March 2013 02:31 AM

My deepest condolences to Lew's family and to everyone that cared.

RSWORD 18th March 2013 02:43 AM

This is indeed very sad news. Our forum here has done a great job of bringing together a family of collectors to share their enthusiasm, knowledge and interest in our favorite subjects. Thanks to Lee, Artzi and Avner for having the great idea to begin a forum gathering which I believe started near a dozen years ago in conjuction with the Baltimore show. We missed last year but got back together this year. We had a great turn out. It was through this venue that I had the opportunity to meet Lew. If it hadn't been for that, I might have only known him online. But to meet someone, shake their hand, put a face with the name, added so much to all of his future posts for me. While I am saddened by the announcement of his passing I'm very thankful that I had the opportunity to meet him in person and understand that passion first hand.

Robert 18th March 2013 02:58 AM

I am deeply saddened to hear this news. My heartfelt condolences to his family as I know that he will be greatly missed. Godspeed onto that new horizon Lew.

Robert

Spunjer 18th March 2013 03:24 AM

Rest In Peace, Lew...

kahnjar1 18th March 2013 04:07 AM

Condolences to Lew's family. Very sad news and he will be sorely missed here on the Forum.
Stu

David 18th March 2013 04:09 AM

Wow....so sorry to hear this... :(

Berkley 18th March 2013 04:38 AM

Steve, thank you for letting us know. Sad news, indeed - he will be greatly missed. He and his family are in our thoughts and prayers.

ibeam 18th March 2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferguson
It is with great sadness that I have to inform you of the passing of our friend Lew Waldman.
During surgery to remove a brain tumor in mid February he suffered a severe stroke. He passed away either last night, or this morning.

He was a good friend. He will be missed.

Steve Ferguson

I got to know Lew through this forum as many people did in here. Thanks to Artzi I became good friends with Lew and found out he lives just a few minutes away from me. We always made the trip together to the Baltimore Arms Show. I missed him on this trip...a good man, a great friend and fellow collector.

My prayers to his wife Michelle, his son Seth and family

Emanuel 18th March 2013 06:30 AM

Sad sad news :( ....my condolences to the Waldman family.

A.alnakkas 18th March 2013 09:28 AM

Sad news... Condolences to the Waldman family :-(

Iain 18th March 2013 10:19 AM

Terrible news - thoughts and prayers go out to his family. His many contributions here will always be remembered. :(

Martin Lubojacky 18th March 2013 11:14 AM

This is very sad. My deepest symapthy to Lew Waldman´s family.
Martin

carlos 18th March 2013 11:49 AM

Rest In Peace, Lew and condolences to the Waldman family .
carlos

colin henshaw 18th March 2013 12:26 PM

Very sad indeed - my condolences to Lew's family.

Flavio 18th March 2013 12:30 PM

Really a sad news... I did not know him personally, but Lew was always kind to answer my emails advising and giving an opinion with weapons that showed him in pictures.
I remember my "race" with him on the Sudanese arms daggers....
I miss you very much dear Lew.

Condolences to the Waldman family

Flavio

CharlesS 18th March 2013 12:40 PM

Thanks Steve for the news even though it is awful. I liked Lew so much and loved to tease him about his 'Yankee' accent. My Sudanese daggers from him are some of my best, and now they will take on a whole new meaning my collection.

My sincerest condolences to his family.

The forum has lost a GREAT friend.

Valjhun 18th March 2013 12:42 PM

Rest in peace, Lew, we will miss you.

fernando 18th March 2013 01:03 PM

Such a loss.
May the earth doesn't get heavy on him.
Condolences to his family.

asomotif 18th March 2013 01:29 PM

Sad sad news indeed.

My condolences to his loved ones.

VVV 18th March 2013 01:31 PM

Very sad, I had hoped to meet him in person this year.
My condolences to his family and close friends.

Michael

Richard Furrer 18th March 2013 01:54 PM

Sad news for the family and an unwelcome surprise for Lew I would think.
I went through some personal emails we exchanged...he was of help to me and generous with information. I'll miss him

May he have a big pile of Ethno goodies to sort through in the life after and the folk who made and used them around for good discussions.

Thank you Lew!

Ric

Michael Blalock 18th March 2013 02:53 PM

Very sad news. He will be missed.

Tim Simmons 18th March 2013 03:39 PM

A heavy blow. My last pm was to offer courage for the procedure . Sad day.

Sajen 18th March 2013 05:28 PM

Condolences to Lew's family. Very sad news and he will be bitter missed here on the Forum. Rest in peace.

Detlef

Andrew 18th March 2013 06:43 PM

Words fail me.

Rest in peace, my friend.