Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Keris Warung Kopi (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Sad news (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21403)

Jean 10th May 2016 08:53 AM

Sad news

I have to report the sad demise of our Dutch forum member Johan Breithuber (alias Semar) few days ago in Yogyakarta. He was a passionate kris collector since many years, we hope that he will rest in peace and that his family will overcome this tragical loss.
Regards

rasdan 10th May 2016 10:44 AM

This is very sad news. My deepest condolences to Semar's family. May he rest in peace. :(

Green 10th May 2016 11:16 AM

My deepest condolences to Semar's family.

A. G. Maisey 10th May 2016 01:03 PM

A couple of years ago I spent a very pleasant couple of days with Johan and his wife.

I mourn the passing of a true gentleman.

Sajen 10th May 2016 05:25 PM

He will be missed at this place, may he rest in peace. And my deepest condolences to his wife.

David 10th May 2016 07:34 PM

So sorry to hear this sad news. My best wishes to his family.

sirek 10th May 2016 07:39 PM

My deepest condolences, and wish you all strength in these sad days

Behind every tear of sorrow is a smile full of memories.

Rick 11th May 2016 12:08 AM

We count ourselves lucky to have had his presence here.
He lives on in our archives.

Marcokeris 11th May 2016 08:14 AM

A sad news....My deepest condolences to his family :(

Robert 11th May 2016 03:37 PM

My condolences to his family. His presence here will truly be missed.

Henk 11th May 2016 07:05 PM

With unbelieve and shocked I read that my good friend Hans passed away in his promised land like he used to call Indonesia.
When Hans lived in Holland I used to visit him and bought some nice items from him.
From his first journey to Indonesia he brought a tombak for me. He presented the tombak to me with a DVD with the cleaning and the warangan treatment with the words "a nice old tombak for a special friend".
Shortly after that he moved to Java where he married with his wife. Occasionally we had mail contact. As Hans said to me "I'm not such a writer".
Last time when he was in Holland he contacted me. He wanted to part of a keris of which i said once, when you want to let this one go, it would be nice if you would think to your old friend. And that is what he did.

Dear Hans, rest in peace. I wil drink a beer in your memory. A truley good man passed away.
My deepest condolences to his wife and family

asomotif 11th May 2016 11:42 PM

What can I add.

Hans was an interesting and passionate collector.
My condolences to his wife and family.

His colourfull posts will surely be missed here on the forum.

Rust zacht.

Battara 11th May 2016 11:58 PM

I will keep his family in my prayers. :(

GIO 14th May 2016 04:07 PM

Very very sorry. Our whole community will miss him.

kai 16th May 2016 05:38 PM

My condolences to his family and friends!

Regards,
Kai

Jean 16th May 2016 06:19 PM

Thank you for your condolences messages, I will check and ensure that they are transmitted to his wife Yanti in Yogyakarta.
By the way he was known as Johan by some people in Indonesia but his correct first name is Hans indeed.
Regards

ganjawulung 20th May 2016 06:31 AM

Rest in Peace, dear friend. Deepest condolences to his family and friends...

Mick 11th June 2016 08:19 PM

I am very sorry to hear that Semer has past away and send my condolences to his family.

We continue to loose gentlemen who have knowledge of some of the deep meanings of Keris culture with no replacement.