Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SAD NEWS RIP JIMMY MANTERIS (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21487)

VANDOO 27th May 2016 11:19 PM

SAD NEWS RIP JIMMY MANTERIS

YET ANOTHER OLD MEMBER OF THE FORUM HAS CROSSED OVER. HE WAS ONE OF A KIND, LOTS OF FUN AND ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS HE WILL BE MISSED. MY CONDOLENCES AND PRAYERS FOR HIS FAMILY.

Rick 27th May 2016 11:55 PM

So sorry to hear this; I always enjoyed reading his posts. :(

Battara 28th May 2016 12:13 AM

I helped him set up here at gun and knife shows for more than a decade.

I will miss him.

Great guy!

Ferguson 28th May 2016 12:41 AM

Rest In Peace Jimmy.

Steve Ferguson

RSWORD 28th May 2016 01:32 AM

I enjoyed hanging out with Jimmy at many a gun show, sharing many a good meal at a wide variety of restaurants and listening to his endless stories. Great guy and he will be sorely missed. A sip of whiskey is on tap in salute and rememberances my friend!

Robert 28th May 2016 03:45 AM

My prayers and condolences to his family and friends and may he rest in piece. Even though I had never met him as I believe many here had I had always enjoyed reading his postings.

Jim McDougall 28th May 2016 04:03 AM

I am so sorry to hear this, Jimmy Manteris was one of the true good guys!!!!
He had a certain realness and kindness not typically seen , especially in the jungle of the arms world.
My favorite time was at Baltimore, the year he was supposed to give a talk on Ethiopian shotels (I think it was)....but the examples he brought for display he curiously had sold at the arms fair just prior to the event!!
The shy embarrassment of this wonderful guy was just another reason why you couldn't help really liking him.....he was the real deal.

Rest in peace my friend.....You will always be remembered.

ariel 28th May 2016 04:56 AM

So sorry to hear that...
I also remember him from Timonium: such a good and funny guy.
The rest of us advanced one row closer... Life is a very sad thing...

My condolences to his family.

kahnjar1 28th May 2016 06:09 AM

It is always sad to hear of the passing of another collector. Not only is the person no longer with us, but the knowledge they hold is also lost for ever.
R I P

Sajen 28th May 2016 09:59 AM

Rest in peace Jimmy!

Oriental-Arms 28th May 2016 11:25 AM

Shalom Jimmy. Good friend and first client ever.

Ian 28th May 2016 12:11 PM

Very sad to hear this news. Jimmy was a good guy, always courteous and helpful. Thank you, Barry, for posting here and letting us know. Condolences to you and his family.

Ian

CharlesS 28th May 2016 12:19 PM

Jimmy was a great guy with a big heart. Shows will not be the same without BS-ing with him. I know he has had a rough couple of years, so rest in peace my friend, and know you are missed.

David 28th May 2016 01:50 PM

That's such a shame...RIP Jimmy...

Gavin Nugent 29th May 2016 03:05 AM

Sad news, my best to family and firends. Rest in peace Jimmy M.

Gavin

Pukka Bundook 29th May 2016 04:34 AM

So sorry to hear of our loss!

So very sad.

Spunjer 29th May 2016 05:09 AM

Rest in Peace, Jimmy... I'm gonna miss you at the Louisville show..

carlos 29th May 2016 08:00 AM

Sad news ...rest in peace Jimmy
Carlos

digenis 31st May 2016 09:15 PM

Jimmy,

Rest in Peace. I'll light a candle for you at Saint Sophia Greek Orthodox Church in D.C. this weekend in honor of your memory. Kali Anapafsi.

estcrh 4th June 2016 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahnjar1
It is always sad to hear of the passing of another collector. Not only is the person no longer with us, but the knowledge they hold is also lost for ever.

The knowledge that people leave on forums like this will last as long as the forum exists.

Battara 4th June 2016 09:01 PM

Jimmy thought very highly of you folks on this forum. He loved going to Baltimore for the forum meetings in the past, and though he didn't sell a lot, he didn't need to - it was more about the fellowship for him.

kai 5th June 2016 06:00 PM

My condolences to Jimmy's family and his many friends!

I've been in contact with Jimmy only a few times but always liked him coming up with weird pieces for discussion! While his posts will be missed here, he left a legacy (also have a look at his contributions in the older forums!).

Regards,
Kai

mross 7th June 2016 08:14 PM

RIP Jimmy. I will treasure the blade I have from you.