Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do you think my (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17922)

AJ1356 12th December 2013 05:28 PM

Do you think my

1 Attachment(s)
Wife would kill me if she finds out about this?

I did not know I had amassed so many.

VANDOO 12th December 2013 05:57 PM

NOT BAD SO FAR YOU DON'T HAVE MORE THAN YOU CAN HIDE AND THERE LOOKS TO BE PLENTY OF ROOM ON THE WALL FOR A DISPLAY IF ALLOWED. :D
PERHAPS THE WIFE WILL ALLOW IT AS LONG AS SHE DOSEN'T KNOW THE CASH INVOLVED. YOU CAN ALWAYS SAY THEY ARE AN INVESTMENT AND WORTH MUCH MORE THAN YOU PAID , AND HOPPEFULLY THAT IS TRUE. BUT US COLLECTORS KNOW THE BIGGEST MONEY PROBLEM IS WHEN WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH AND HAVE TO MISS OUT ON SOME LONG SOUGHT AFTER COOL ITEM. CONGRADULATIONS ON A NICE LITTLE COLLECTION AND YOUR SURVIVAL SO FAR. ;)

Ibrahiim al Balooshi 12th December 2013 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ1356

Salaams AJ1356 .. Did you fire the bow yet? It looks like you have spent a few hours in Chicken Street. I only went down there for a little look and....

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.

AJ1356 12th December 2013 09:15 PM

Salaams Ibrahiim,
I have not shot the bow yet, I need to take it to an archery store and have it strung.

As I was going through the nicks and crannies, I found another knife, 2 foldable knives and an axe head, and I have not even started at the arrow heads.

Vandoo, I have already told her all that stuff, and there are lots of room I just need to build a display case.

digenis 12th December 2013 10:09 PM

I can spot a Kabul visitor a mile away... I should post my loot and we can compare!

ariel 13th December 2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

If she doesn't, you married an angel.

Want to hide them at my place, and start a slo-o-o-o-w introductory conversation with her?

AJ1356 13th December 2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariel
If she doesn't, you married an angel.

Want to hide them at my place, and start a slo-o-o-o-w introductory conversation with her?

I have them locked up in my safe:) She knows of my collection, I just don't think she knows of the extent. What I want though is to display them some time.

Jim McDougall 13th December 2013 09:41 PM

AJ, I fear the cats outa the bag now!!! :) if your wife uses a computer. I well understand your concerns though, wives don't typically grasp the idea of collecting, let alone antique arms (I note with my trail of ex wives:)

However this is probably one of the most outstanding groupings of arms from Afghan regions I have seen, and with excellent representative examples which would present an important study for collectors. No wonder you have always contributed such astute observations in discussions! Nicely done.

A.alnakkas 14th December 2013 11:54 AM

Nice collection. Show us some close ups!

I am only recently married, but wife already not making a place for my collection :(

AJ1356 14th December 2013 03:51 PM

Thanks Jim, she uses her smart phone more than the computer and would go after my facebook before checking the forums :) so I am fine there.
Yeah women are somewhat clueless when it comes to collections, and become argumentative about things they do not understand and think it is a waste of money.
Every country I have visited for a longer stay I've tried to get some sort of arms from. You have to be around for a bit to know what are the fake trends of each country.
I'll try close ups some time. Since I just got back home, there is so much other stuff to do. I'll try to get you guys some pictures of my arrow heads as well some time. I just need to locate everything.

thinreadline 14th December 2013 05:03 PM

.... my wife's untidy dressing table !

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

... so should I complain to my wife about her untidy dressing table ?

Iain 15th December 2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinreadline

My entire collection resides in what is our study/my wife's office. :D I guess I'm just lucky. :)

Sajen 15th December 2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

No, you shouldn't! :D What are this "T" grip daggers?

Regards,

Detlef

kronckew 15th December 2013 10:56 AM

you can always send them to me & i will not let her see them. :D

...and she can send me hers and you'll not see them either. :p

thinreadline 15th December 2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sajen
No, you shouldn't! :D What are this "T" grip daggers?

Regards,

Detlef

They are called punch daggers , of the type reputed to be favoured by Mississippi gamblers as a concealed weapon in the old West days .

thinreadline 15th December 2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iain
My entire collection resides in what is our study/my wife's office. :D I guess I'm just lucky. :)

I am lucky too, my wife positively loves this stuff and actively collects .. I buy knives for her Christmas presents !

Sajen 15th December 2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

They are called punch daggers , of the type reputed to be favoured by Mississippi gamblers as a concealed weapon in the old West days .

They look very interesting! :) Maybe give them one day a own thread.

Regards,

Detlef

kronckew 15th December 2013 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
you have a good selection criteria for wives as well as knives ;)

my 2nd wife liked pistols. when we divorced she got custody of the 6" stainless steel smith & wesson .357 model 19 (actually a model 66). i got to keep the colt .45acp mk4 series '70.

Quote:

also known as 'push' daggers...

they are sadly now illegal to carry, buy or sell here in the UK (but not illegal to own). gamblers also favoured more conventional knives, but smaller & more concealable than the rest of the frontier world...similar to the two lower wall mounted one's and

like this recent acquisition of mine: