Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nimcha: opinion - original or tourist.... (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22177)

Ivo 17th December 2016 06:43 AM

Nimcha: opinion - original or tourist....

8 Attachment(s)
Hello, I need your opinion - this is original or tourist ....

Regards ,

Ivo

Ibrahiim al Balooshi 18th December 2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivo

Regards ,

Ivo

Salaams Ivo, Although the sword ticks many of the boxes recognizing the Moroccan connection; in terms of quality finish and decorative technique it clearly falls short, placing the item in the tourist arena. Rather like a tailor using a hot needle in making a less than reasonable quality suit I would use the same expression in describing this sword...but it is good that you recognize the grade in your question and so that others may learn a lesson or two when confronted by swords like this... so Bravo on that!!

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.

mariusgmioc 19th December 2016 10:14 AM

Tourist stuff.

Reagards,

Marius

Ivo 19th December 2016 12:14 PM

HI ,
thank you for your answers.
,, expensive " lesson .... :mad:

Regards ,

Ivo

mariusgmioc 19th December 2016 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivo
HI ,
thank you for your answers.
,, expensive " lesson .... :mad:

Regards ,

Ivo

I feel very sorry for you, but you should know that we all have gone through this... and (hopefully not) may go through this again... :(

It's a part of collecting! ;)

I remember, not so long ago, I paid a small fortune for a Chinese Dao of supposedly imperial connection, only to realise it is a cheap replica/fake. I managed to force a full refund from the seller via the eBay customer protection, but I had to pay a significant sum to have the sword appraised by an authorised expert. And that was a lucky instance.

There were a couple of other instances where I got my swords from some US auctions, only to realise they were replicas... and had no return/refund option. In the end, I managed to sell them as replicas/wall hangers for less than 1/10 of what I have paid.

Ivo 19th December 2016 04:10 PM

My mistake - I bought her on one image and description of the seller ...

But you're right - It's a part of collecting! :)

Sajen 19th December 2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivo

Hello Ivo,

I think you ask the question because you get your doubts byself already when you hold it in your hands, so you have learned already. I've learned for example to study a type of sword/knife I want to have before I buy it. Don't be angry about yourself, in future you will look very good to something you may find interesting, it will be burned in your brain/remembering.

Regards,
Detlef