Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Collectors of old kukri society. Sign up list (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=606)

spiral 18th April 2005 12:23 AM

Collectors of old kukri society. Sign up list

This has been discused before & looks like its about the right time now.If you collect old,antique or military kukri, Post yor name.

Either Here or there.

Spiral.

Further info.

Link...

Conogre 18th April 2005 09:51 PM

Count me in...the more I read, the more interested I get.
Mike

inveterate 18th April 2005 10:03 PM

Mike, I have undertaken a sort of acting secretary type roll in these initial stages, send me an email with your details and I will gladly add your name to the list. Rod

Berkley 19th April 2005 01:44 AM

I'm in. I hope the effort will unearth a goodly number of kukri fanciers, and lead to the continued dissemination of knowledge about these fascinating blades and their history.

Threetemper 19th April 2005 03:23 AM

Kukri kollector

As a collector of all things Kukri,military and otherwise,I would be quite interested in this proposition. It seems that in my house where there should be a landscape painting there is the odd M-43 or Limbu siripate or maybe a kora. At work my calenders are coutesy of JP much to the consternation of other office staff. Guy.

spiral 19th April 2005 06:30 AM

Good one chaps, Great stuff!

Spiral

Berkley 19th April 2005 10:54 PM

If enough interest can be generated to make such a project worthwhile, we may be able to produce a regular newsletter with articles, pics, regional get-togethers and similar items of interest to kukri collectors and military history buffs. I would hope that the group would be sufficiently inclusive so that those whose tastes run toward high-quality contemporary pieces would feel welcome as well.

sirupate 19th April 2005 11:55 PM

Sounds good to me :) I also think, as was requested by a member on Tora forum that we should include good quality modern kukri, which will become collectors items in the future, based on authenticity and quality of the product. I beleive this will also broaden the appeal of what is trying to be acheived.

Cheers Simon

derek 20th April 2005 04:26 AM

count me in

spiral 20th April 2005 07:33 PM

Well Rod, as acting secetary pray tell how many prospective members so far?

& what Nationalities?

Spiral

inveterate 20th April 2005 10:54 PM

Spiral, we have about 12 to date, 2 Aussies,2 Brits, 1 German balance USA.
Thanks all. Rod

spiral 21st April 2005 12:37 PM

Excelent!

inveterate 25th April 2005 10:04 PM

Society,is up and running see www.ikrhs.com Rod

Berkley 28th April 2005 11:49 PM

Now at 41 members and growing daily. Members in Germany and Israel, in addition to US & UK, making it an international group in fact to justify the fancy name. :)

spiral 4th May 2005 09:15 PM

47 members & rising! & A couple of Aussies as well!

Spiral

inveterate 13th May 2005 02:05 AM

A great reception to the new site, thanks to all who joined from here. Rod